dvd burning issues, please help

I’m using ConvertXtoDVD3 to burn my acquired .avi copies of movies to dvd.

I burned my first movie, and the playback in my dvd player is outstanding.

I burned my second movie, without changing any settings, and the playback is choppy… the picture hangs every few seconds during playback. I thought maybe it was just a bad burn or disc, so i re-encoded and burned it, getting the exact same results… Seems as though the sound is just fine though…

The only difference was that the first file was roughly 700mb, and the second 900mb. (axxo vs. klaxxon, for reference)

any suggestions? hints, tips?

I use DVDSanta and then burn with dvdshrink. Works great for me.

the 2nd movie might just be a bad rip, bc its so big. maybe try turning down the burning speed from auto to like x4 or something. also try downloading VLC media player to watch the movie on your computer, if its choppy on there then you know for sure its the rip and has nothing to do with how you are burning it

burn at the lowest speed.

Sounds like something is running out of cache when you are encoding it or burning it.

Load the image with something like daemon tools and see how it plays.

This way you can rule out a bad encoding, or a bad burn.

I have NEVER burned anything at slow speed, and do not have a problem.

The only time I have seen problems is with shitty media, or with computers with not enough system memory.

My computer is a piece of shit P4, but it has 2gb of ram.

ok so i burned it two more time, once at 4x and once at 2x, both with the same results.

i opened the TS files with VLC, and the playback is just fine.

i’m not sure. i’m going to try a different movie that is in 700mb range and see if that one plays fine, as the first one did.

Well, i burned another axxo 700mb avi rip, and there aren’t any issues. It’s playing perfectly fine… I guess that was my issue. strange.