DVD Burning

Ok so I want to make a few backups of movies I already have…:hsugh:

well I downloaded trial versions of “AnyDVD” and “CloneDVD” and It work PERFECTLY, and was EXTREMELY easy to use. I was able to remove FBI warnings and stupid previews, and made it jump to the main menu as soon as you pop the movie in.
But now im getting a stupid error saying the source file is too large after it copies the dvd and begins to write. It maybe cuz im using a very old dvd burner that only burns at 2.4x as opposed to the new up to date burners that burn at around 20x now a days.

but is there any other simple programs out there to copy dvds?
AnyDVD runs in the background to remove copyright protection and modify the movie so it gets rid of the warnings and previews.
CloneDVD you can get rid of bonus features and all kinds of stuff like subtitles and different languages that you would never use.

I want a program like that. dunno whats out there and whats best to use. anyone got any suggestions?

DVD Shrink + Nero Burning ROM.

Rip it as a .ISO and burn image file in Nero.

Works all day every day.

I use dvd decrypter and clone dvd

I use dvd decrypter followed up by dvd shrink. The source file too large problem is probably caused by the fact that the original disc was dual layer and the one you’re buring to is single layer. Dvd shrink fixes that problem.

Magic DVD Copier. It does Sony and Disney/Pixar disks that DVD Shrink won’t do.

you need dvdshrink but i don’t think you can find it on the internet anywhere anymore. you need to get the installer off someone who already has the program. and to burn dvd’s using dvdshrink you need nero. the cool thing is you can just download the trial version of nero and it works forever. you don’t have to buy the full version. i dunno how it works but it does. i have the installer if you can’t find it, pm me.

ok, so what if i just go out and get a new burner (which i plan on doing sometime) and get one that can burn DVD+R DL?

any way to know if the disc is single layer or dual layer?

Computer specs also dramatically affect ripping/burning speed.

When I had my old setup with a 16x dvd burner it took almost an hour.

New setup with 512MB Ram - 25 min.
New setup with 2GB RAM - 8 min.

Ive got 768 or so MB of ram.
takes me like 10 or 8 mins to (burn) a DVD

DVDFab. It will do it all, on almost any machine. It’s a one step program, and you tell it what you want and what you dont. It’s that simple.

dvdfab works well and will handle some of the tougher ones. no region free program needed to work.

…uh…i guess you haven’t heard of google

It’ll say DL or dual-layer on the package if it’s a dual-layer recordable disc. Or, check the available space on the disc. 4.7 GB for single, 9.4 GB for double.

Just about, if not all, commercial DVDs are double-layer.