Dual Layer DVD Player

i’ve been burning all of my DVD’s and i’d rather not shrink them but instead make exact copies. i’ve copied them to my pc as an *.iso image and most are at around the 8GB mark. so i’ve purchase some dual layer dvds and have made a few. i was thinking that my xbox (non 360) would play them but it does not and i knew before hand that my dvd player would not either. does anyone know of an inexpensive dvd player that will playback dual layer dvds?

They should work fine but maybe they’re burning wrong. What are you burning with? A friend of mine burns DL DVDs and they work in his normal player.

DVD Decrypter to burn iso image to pc and then Nero to burn to blank DL DVD.

maybe i got a junk dvd player…it has been givin me grief lately…

maybe you are junk. Try plsying one of them on my DVD player, it’s progressive scan, but I’ve never tried DL

:puke: on dyingwish :finger2: haha just playin

yeah i’ll give that a go and maybe if you’re lucky i’ll check out your pc as well

what you up to tonight? got some friends in town so we will either hang out and get shitty or go to s.side and maybe even play a lil cornhole

find a recent version of DVDFAB… works good.

sweet, just downloaded it to my flash drive. i’ll install when i get home and i’ll test it out. thx for the info.

i burn with nero all the time and they play fine in my dvd player, its a LG progressive scan :dunno:

I make backup copies of all my movies with clonedvd and anydvd. Never had a problem and have been thru 4 different dvd players.

my kids seem to think $30 disney dvd’s are frisbee’s and dvd players are parking garages for matchbox cars.

most likely not the burner or software. most likely it’s the dvd player you’re using or the media being used.

got it all fingered out. been using dvdshrink to rip the cd to my pc and nero to blank dvd. dvdshrinks them to just the right size for a single dvd rather than two or dual layer.

DVDshrink just took a shit on me now… I’ll have to check out the DVDFAB or else DVD Decrypter.

i got all three but dvdshrink is all i use anymore