DIY: how to use all the wrong parts in your home brew turbo kit

the car is the 4g64 bythe way, its NOT the 3.0 v6 … which makes some of the parts that much farther of the mark … he didnt even manage to get the 255 walbro pump that fits the 3g’s tank !

this car is sooooooo going to make 160hp @ 7k rpm

and yes, that EXACTLY how he spelled his user name …

i also find the last smilie at the end of it ironic … the only edit i did to the post was to throw in the pump / filter / injectors picture that he posted later in the thread

i dont get it? the turbo is a lil large but what am i missing?

Those gauges look really old. Boost is in bar. Unless he’s going for the old school throw back look.

<----hotrodkid

shit manifold
maniold design puts the DP against the a/c
turbo has a monster hot side that will be impossible to spool w/2.4L
manifold-to-turbo flange isnt even for that turbo (redrilled … cockeyed too)
turbo is made by xspower (yay for quality)
waaaay oversized FMIC
wrong fuel pump
a fuel filter you dont need and will require extra mods to install
cheap couplers
oversized wastegate
cheap muffler

the only parts worth any money in that are the aeromotive and walbro parts, and maybe the obx bov … but im not firmiliar w/ obx stuff

the car moves though 'll give it that

those are actually nice greddy 60MM electroni warning gauges.

IDK man, other than the shit turbo and redrilling the manifold, i don’t think it’s too bad, it’s probably a pretty cheap setup…

he prob got parts cheap, like fuzzyfish…:lol:

nice start :stuck_out_tongue:

XS Power turbo and what looks like a SS Autochrome manifold too… :gag:

I always love how every car site has a STICKY about how SS autochrome sucks balls and you still get the dumb threads… “how is ssauto?” “what if i just reinforce my manifold?” lol.

It is an inline walbro. Can you not use an inline with that car?

no you cant, it would require making a custom pickup tube,

hopefully he hsa more than that, just looking there he’s missing an fmu

There is a diffence to buying random/poor quality/incompatable parts and tossing them on with no idea how they would work. And buying parts knowing well in advance of the work that needs to be done to allow it to work. :stuck_out_tongue: