turbo check list

ok im returboing my car. its a 94 del sol. im buying a list of parts and listing them down, can someone tell me if i have everything.the motor is a d16z6, it was boosted but the other owner took the kit off.

turbo
turbo manifold
turbo downpipe
intercooler
charge piping kit
wastegate
bov
oil feed line
oil return line
boost controller
boost gauge
turbo timer
oil catch tank
fuel pressure regulator and gauges
450 injectors
chipped ecu

this is what i have so far, i also have all the hoses and clamps for it. i havnt installed a kit in a couple years so i cant remember some of the parts.im not going any crazy abount of boost, just around 10psi for now/ if i forgot to get something can someone tell me so i can get the parts, thx

Hehe, 450cc injectors are so tiny!

If the turbo is water-cooled, you will need those lines as well. You do not need a turbo timer. Other than that, make sure you get a good tune, that’s the most important part, but you should be fine from the parts listed. Possibly a clutch too, unless the one in there can hold the new torque fine.

–mark

not all turbos need water coolant pumped through it.

If this is a used turbo worth only a few hundred, I wouldn’t worry about it. If it’s a Garret GT-series turbo that you spend $1k+ on, get the coolant hooked up.

Possible fuel pump as I don’t know what unit you have or what it can handle

I have dsm 450s I’m willing to get rid of

lol

i already have a stage 2 greddy clutch in right now. and its a greddy tdo4 thats going in, but i just found out i need to get a new ecu so anyone know where i can get one

laugh at me all you want, but the majority of home-brew D-series turbo builds I’ve seen, didn’t use the coolant. My car ran just fine without it. To each his own though.

fuel pump will probably not be necessary for you to run that small of a turbo with dsm 450’s…

you will need a resistor box to run those injectors as they run a little different than stock honda injectors…otherwise you should have enough parts…

if you need help or want to know what to expect give me a shout i just put this same setup on my hatch and getting tuned this weekend…