DIY: Made another Concrete fire table

Made another concrete fire table/pit, thought I’d share. This one runs on propane so I needed to have an access panel on the one side. Client wanted their family monogram etched into the side for a personal touch.

Behold the beauty and power of hand crafted concrete:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23332[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23333[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23334[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23336[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23335[/ATTACH]

http://www.nyspeed.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22748&stc=1&d=1357782404

Awesome as usual

nice job. is the form re-usable so that you can quickly mix up more concrete and keep creating them or do you have to break it apart to get it off?

The majority of the wood is reusable, usually not the smaller strips. The foam is not salvageable.

And here’s what it looks like with the final polish:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23337[/ATTACH]

Make me one. Seriously.

and have it shipped up here?

^ I can ship, but my work is not cheap. :wink:

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

I’ve got requests as far as Boston to ship these…luckily i’ve got a commercial freight account at deeply discounted rates.

Better be “deeply” for shipping concrete lol.

Looks awesome though, great work.

:tup:

(84% freight shipping discount)

Do you agitate the concrete after it is poured? Or, do you use a fine enough mixture that you don’t get many air pockets?

Looks AWESOME!!!

Can you PM me any links that you found useful or did you just learn by trail and error?

^ no, well, sorta. With this process, i spray the concrete in place and then use a paint brush to lightly “disturb” the suface to eliminate airbubbles on the mold surface. There is a ton of information out there and youtube videos for “GFRC” concrete, but no matter how much research i do, there’s no substitue for experience. This is not a wet cast process so there isn’t a need to vibrate the surface.

awesome, i really want to try this

^ Agree 100%. But, you did give some key information that helps me “narrow” my search. Thanks.

Pm me your phone # and I’ll give you info over the phone

Pmed

what’s up baller!? You never replied to my pricing quote! :wink:

I do like this a lot…where in the 4 figures are you roughly? Pm me if you prefer privacy

this particular one was $3200. As i continue to build up my portfolio… i’m looking to into the price range of about $5K for a fire table similar to this.

Very nice