DIY: Thanksgiving Leftovers v LIVE FROM FRY'S HOUSE

Are you guys like me? You love thanksgiving leftovers but don’t have thanksgiving dinner at your own house so you’re out in the cold? Fuck that noise. Lets make some leftovers. How’s a whole godamned bird sound?

Step 1: Get a bird from Wegmans. A buck a pound. Can’t beat that. Grab some onions, beer, and a baster while you’re there.

Step 2: Read the directions. How the fuck do you cook one of these anyway?

Sonofa!!! It’s gotta be thawed first? Shit. Stay tuned. Updates in a couple of days. :frowning:

BUT I WANT IT NOW!!!

Fuck waiting. That’s for women. Set the oven to 350 and get working. Hold that bitch under hot water while you fist fuck it and pull out anything that doesn’t seem like something you’d want to eat. Neck’s in one end, giblets in the other. Rinse it off good.

Now fill it with stuffing…

:uhh:

What? Turkey’s dry as fuck already, why would you stuff it full of shit that’ll suck more juice out? Quarter a bunch of onions and stuff that shit full. Don’t bother with stitching it together or any of that crap.

Don’t forget my secret ingredient: Beer. Dump a couple of bottles in/on/over that bird before you shove it in the oven.

Done. Baste her good every 30 seconds for the next 5-7 hours now. Maybe every half hour. Depends on how busy you are. I will be preparing for my econ final tomorrow, so I’ll be closer to ever 30 minutes than every 30 seconds.

Oh, and for all the gourmets out there: Yes, I’m doing everything wrong. Eat me. This is going to be delicious. :headbang:

Updates to follow.

why do you have a completely uncooked bird as a left over?

I love what you’re trying to do here (make this sound manly), however we all know you’ve got a frilly pink apron on.

edit: if you had some powerthirst with this it might be manly enough to compensate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs

lol totally my style!

I’m cooking it!

Psh. Leather jacket and a banana hammock. Fag.

:highfive:

BS i’m not a fag.

lemme see pix

oh wait.

nooooooooooooo :mamoru:

inb4picsofbananahammockonturkey

Dammit. You weren’t supposed to call my bluff.

On an unrelated note, that hypodermic turkey baster thing is pretty sweet. I will have no excuse for this thing being dry. :tup:

deep fryer not found?

he doesn’t want to become your size

:rimshot:

Deep frying a turkey is the best way actually. I cooked 2 20lb birds. The one in the fryer took a little over an hour and was the best turkey ever.

I just spent the last hour fingering two turkeys to get all of the meat off. The carcass pieces are now sitting in a 5-6 gallon pot simmering down to make me a nice stock. I will soon be adding vegetables and meat to turn it into a nice broth. Sometime this weekend I will be cooking a third turkey to use as the meat in this soup. I may cook the bones from that one down just to have some extra broth.

I love making soup after the holidays.

left over turkey with white cream sauce over toast FTW.

lol i just came home with a bird myself… i was like 1.15 a pound at budweys but everything else was super sale

:repost:

how many thanksgiving leftover threads do we need?

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61553

Just remember to cook by the book

i hate turkey though…thanksgiving is the one day a year i usually go hungry…

404 pictorial diy awesomeness not found!

Shit’s starting to smell good.

http://nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6538&stc=1&d=1228180871

Even the bird’s cumming at its own awesomeness.