Do you have a 95-97 240SX with 5 bolt hubs? Can I see?

I live in Pickering, Ontario, and I’m looking for someone in the GTA (preferably East end) that has a 95-97 240SX with 5 bolt hubs, who would be willing to allow me to drop by and take a look (take a few measurements).

I am working on a project and considering using the spindle and hub, but would like to take a look before making a decision.

I would pay you 20 bucks (CDN) for your trouble (probably would need to remove a wheel).

My home number is 905-420-1434, I’m a mature (55) married male, with two kids, not up to anything clandestine.

Regards.

I beleve most everyone with a s14 will have the 5 spindle hubs, they were factory on all models besides the base 95-98

Wrong. Anyone with a 1995 to 1998 LE will have 5 bolt hubs, the SE versions all have 4 bolt hubs.

There are a lot of 4 bolt s14s.

Hey David,

If you are prepared to take a drive to Mississauga this weekend you can come and look at mine (keep your $20)

It’s on jack stands right now so no skin off my nose.

Cheers

Wrong. Anyone with a 1995 to 1998 LE will have 5 bolt hubs, the SE versions all have 4 bolt hubs.

There are a lot of 4 bolt s14s.[/quote]

Wrong. My 97 SE had 5 bolt hubs.

In Canada, S14s with 4bolt hubs were SEs in 95-96 I -believe-.

There are a lot of 4 bolt s14s.[/quote]

Wrong. My 97 SE had 5 bolt hubs.[/quote]

SE’s destined for the US were 5 bolt. Canadian SE’s were 4 bolt. Our LE’s wer 5 bolt. The US never got an LE:

US vs CAN
base = SE
SE = LE

My S14 SE is 4 bolt.

Thanks everyone, lot’s of good information, which leads me to the following question:

Did any other Nissan model share the exact same front suspension pieces (spindle, 5-bolt hub) as the 95-98 240SX?

In other words, if I go looking for a pair of spindles and hubs do I need to limit my search to the 240SX?

Regards.

Ok, my 97 SE had no leather seats, or sunroof. So it wasn’t an LE in the US either. But it had 5bolts. I figured SE was a sport edition.

We figured this out at the meet last night…

95-96 CDN SE = 4bolt
95-96 CDN LE = 5bolt

95-96 US base = 4bolt
95-96 US SE = 5bolt
95-96 US LE = 5bolt

97-98 CDN SE = 5bolt
97-98 CDN LE = 5bolt

97-98 US base = 4bolt
97-98 US SE = 5bolt
97-98 US LE = 5bolt

300zx spindles & hubs will work, but those are probably not any more readily available then the S14 ones.

Matthew, thanks for the tip, I appreciate you taking the time.

BTW, I’m next door in Pickering (north of Hwy 2, west of Dixie (near the Dairy Queen).

Regards to all.

ding ding ding ding

Only thing is, the suspension in the 300’s are different then the S14’s so his shocks can’t bolt to the spindles IIRC.

If you just want to go 5 bolt, grab the S14 hubs from Nissan, kinda expensive I know, and they will just fit right in. Just know that if you have ABS you need ABS hubs. If your non-ABS then you need non-ABS hubs.

Let me know if you need anything as I can probabley help you out. I live in Oshawa so we’re not far apart. You can reach me via the info in my signature.

Take care and welcome to the boards.

Easy 8)