Do you purchase new vehicles and if so, why?

Yea, I see 22-23 city, 28 highway all day long. I didn’t buy it really for the gas mileage, I mostly bought it for the resale value in the future. I’ve seen several 2009-2010 X5d’s w/ 35-40k on them selling for $2k less than what I paid.

Out of the German luxury brands, BMWs hold their value the best, Audi the worst.

Fair enough. Resale is very important. I will be buying a CPO BMW next.

:excited niceee

I bought my TDI brand new. First brand new car I have ever purchased and I am very happy that I did. Full 5 year drive train warranty, 3 years maintenance free, 0% interest rate and the real kicker, with ~20k miles on it now the NADA/KBB value is within $2000 of what I paid.

TDI FTMFW!

Ive only bought one new car and probably wont buy another new one.

At the time I was looking for a used car but the new ones were so close in price it didnt make sense to buy used.

However depreciation is a bitch and I lost money on a trade in but then again I got a smoking deal on a 3 year old truck so I cant complain too much there.

Id rather buy something a few years old like I did with my truck and let somebody else take the depreciation hit.

CPO 335i here :slight_smile:

i would say if its going to be a daily/beater i would go used.
if its going to be a car that i would plan on changing things around (performance type car), it would be new. because you know that its never been beat the shit out of and fucked around with.

Well that’s ASS BACKWARDS of what I would do.

new makes great sense for people who keep cars for a ton of years. people still do this.

used makes sense for the people who keep for the short term. something that you get with 30k keep till 60k for example. used is great for people like us that are into cars, because small problems are a big issue to us unlike the regular population.

leasing is great for companies and for people who have fixed incomes, and need to have fixed expenses. if your doing over 12k miles, it really isn’t the way for you to go. the down side is every 3 years you need to come in with a little money to keep a low payment.

really there are pro’s and con’s for each method… really it depends on the buyer more then they type of ownership.

but what do i know:ninja:dunno

I have never bought a car over $4k. Previously because of financial status but this last one I could have gotten a new car, but being able to just pay for the car straight up without a payment was too much incentive for me. Although, I have been lucky with my used cars. Buying a brand/ make that I am familiar with I think is a good rule for buying used.

Only thing i buy brand new is motorcycles. I dont think ill ever buy a brand new car, 2yrs old with under 20k miles will be prime enough for me. Then again i fix my own stuff and only buy cars i know the ins and outs on. Its nice buying a bike brand new, just for the fact you know theres no hidden accidents.

I’ll never have a payment on something that I daily drive.

IDGAF what ‘image’ my daily car projects, if the fucking thing is clean, if it has some rust, etc. I just don’t care. As long as it’s good on gas and mechanically sound, that’s ALL that matters. If I can’t piss in bottles when I drive it and give LESS THAN A FUCK ABOUT MY PISS GETTING ON THE SEATS, HEADLINER (YES IT HAS HAPPENED), I don’t want it.

:rofl:rofl

Coming back from Boston, VERY hungover, I performed a typical bottle piss, but I fucked up the alignment and the lip of the bottle acted like a backboard, rebounding my piss all over my headliner and sunroof.

I dont think i would ever buy a new car either , i know what kind of deals i can get on used vehicles and would rather buy used and then use some money for mods .

Luxury:

Lease new, buy used.

Also, again, KBB values are not what you’re going to get for your car if you try to sell it. :rofl

Unless it’s a Poopra.

I bought a CPO diesel truck with 33k miles for almost 20k less than it would have been new. Everything else I’ve ever bought has been used and I’ve broken even or made money on all of them. I’ll buy a new car someday, but not any time soon.

Didnt feel like reading it but buying new sometimes has advantages over used. I’ve never purchased new but you can get 0% financing with a new car opposed to 5% for a few year old cars

all of mine have been used, but the new vs used arguement depends on what your buying like everybody said. If you have equity in your trade and wait till the end of the year when there are good rebates, some times it’s cheaper to go new. (IE 2011 k1500s are almost 10k off sticker right now and financing rates are half used)