new car?? ver. 1x10.87^13

I’m thinking about pulling shoot on the IS and picking up an e60 m5. I love my IS, but she is getting a little old. And I’m saving all this money to make it stupid fast, and I just forsee it being an utter pain and waste of time.

So I’ve been doing some shopping around for an m5. Found some around 45ish, and found some used as low as 35k. I’d likely take my stocks out and whatnot, so I’d have close to 20k down, then just finance the rest. I love the look and sounds of them. Definitely need to test drive one before I start doing some more serious shopping.

Anyway- anyone have any insight? I’ve seen there are a couple of you on here that have e60s… how are they? As far as other cars, I don’t want to get into anything older than an '04 and I don’t really want to step down in terms of luxury. Most importantly for me, is a better than expected resale value. I likely won’t keep this for 10 years or anything, so as soon as I get it paid off I’ll be looking into something else.

Thoughts? GO GO GO!

let your stocks grow, youll be happier when you can buy a house instead of a car

Drdos?

I already own a house, and it’s paid off.

Get the M5. IS are just fat heavy over priced toyotas with no power. I hate them and most of my.is.

Do what you want…

im sure he is going to get what he wants anyways, but getting opinions from people who own the cars and can give info will help him in his decision

Agreed. They are the nice in between the ‘feel’ of sport and luxury cars, but the amount of work that is needed to make them either all sport or all luxury is stupid. And my.is contains some of the biggest dbags I’ve ever encountered.

Thanks, Saxon. The reason why I’ve made this thread is to get some insight from those who have owned the cars, or something similar to them. I’m not dead seat on M5’s, but they do have a lot of things that I want.

get something sweet like a saleen s7

LOL nyspeed financial advice as always. I daily an e39 M5 and love it soooooooooooo much. E60’s are nice but I would rather keep modding mine. I think you would be happy with the purchase.

Buy my Prizm, its baller.

M5. Dope.

Also don’t try to make your is fast. I really don’t like is300’s. but then again I drive a civic what would I know

IMO it is an awful waste of money.

I would rather have something cheaper and more luxury for daily driving and then something no-compromises-performance for the weekends. But I drive a vw, so we are obviously not in the same mindset.

M5 is nice for sure. 500 hp for your daily is a nice thing. Its a pretty well rounded car, sport/lux/performance. You can find some lower milage cars in the low 40’s last I looked. Only thing I had issue with was the horrible gas mileage. I see that they get really bad mileage around town (low teens or below) that would be a big thing for me as I drive alot for work.

daily driving a gas guzzler gets old for sure…but on the flipside its baller as hell

M5 is nice, but I need a third pedal, and those are a real hard find, especially to find a “deal” Why not an E90 M3. Those can be found in that $45K range.

X…

I’ve completely done a 360 in my thoughts on cars. I feel my daily should be the nicest cheapest car I can find. That is why I’m selling my M3 and going to be driving my Crown Victoria only. Then I open my garage door and have a ~800whp car and an old school triumph sitting there, maybe even another toy coming in the works.

Way more baller to have a garage full of sweet toys then an M5 daily. Shit I’d rather drive my Vic and spend two weeks in Hawaii and Ireland every year.

To each there own though. :slight_smile:

So you haven’t changed at all. :cyclopsani: :lolham:

:edit: OP, congrats on having a paid-off house, and yes, M5’s are teh shit :tup:

Spending 90% of your time driving your shit car seems really dumb to me, espcially if you spend 4-5 hours a day in the car like I do.

X…

+1

Aside from my commute and running errands, I hardly drive. I can’t remember the last time I’ve gone for a drive just for the sake of having some fun. So for me, fun daily > weekend car