Sold my M5 :(

Yesterday I turned over the keys to the new owner. With the rx7 build and such I just wanted to sell it so I can get into something 08+ with lower mileage.

Prob not getting a truck as I just don’t race enough to justify it.

Would like a nice sedan or even hatch. I am torn on paying 10-15k for something a lil older like a 525i and just paying cash or getting something like a cpo 335, 550, g35/37, c350?

I want a 550i with sport package but the cpo ones look to be around 35k I really dont want to spend more then 30k. Preferably 25k.

Thoughts? Hate?

Sad :frowning:

should look for early 2000s M5

lol, i hate this :frowning: i loved that car but if it had to be done then oh well. hatch sti? just sayin

Sorry to hear about the m5.

A6 wagon? or variant

I was ready to let the M5 go. No need to be sorry. I like the A4 some but id go for a 5-series I think. I like some of the benz stuff too. I am trying to decide between cpo or not too. hmmmm

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

LOL been there done that.

I picked up my '08 335XI Sedan CPO for around the $30k price range, which included Sport, Premium, Cold, 18" wheel upgrade and Comfort Access. They had an '07 CPO as well for a few grand cheaper and about the same mileage.

I may be a little jadded though… but, I say go for a 335. I haven’t regretted in yet… (except having to dish out $1,600 more bucks for winter wheels/tires)

Audi S? Quattttrroooooo…

I like the S4 but IMO for the same price I would grab a sport package 550i. AWD would be really nice though.

Officially time for a new sig? lol

yeah i dont own either cars lol

my vote is 550, e55 ;), or 335… just make sure they all have warranty on them

I’m trying to put myself in your shoes here. You just came from an “older” m5 and you’re looking to step into something newer/ less miles/ more reliable. This is a year round daily for you opposite the rx7 project.

If I were you i’d probably like to make a change and go with an S4 plus the AWD would be super nice (and fun) in the winter. However, sounds to me like you’ve grown quite fond of BMW.

Hrm…

I like the prices of the 335 but just not sure if I would be totally happy in one. I found a nice 550i cpo car I called on but with them not wanting to negotiate on price and no fold down rear seat I didnt bite.

Dumb question from a domestic guy, what does “cpo” mean?

http://nitra.bmwcpodealer.com/cpo/VehicleDetails/certified-2006-BMW-550i-Sedan-Hartford-CT/928877853

http://nitra.bmwcpodealer.com/cpo/VehicleDetails/certified-2007-BMW-550i-Sedan-Freehold-NJ/871254323
no nav though.

SUBBY!

certified pre-owned

Problem with the cpo 06s is that they will really have like less then a year of coverage. I really want at least two years. Otherwise I like that first one. I might just have to dish out in the 30s for an 08 one like it. Id prefer gray or white.

Not quite sure why a single guy with no kids wants a 5 series so bad over a 3. Explain?

^i agree there, but when my friends are in town, i sure wish i had a 4 door sometimes…

if i had a 2 door fd, i probably would rather a 5 series over a 3 though.

are you set on manual or auto? would u go 535?