So what's next?

buyers remorse?

I’m fucking inches away from a 335i right now…but I’m starting to get cold feet…

I’ve spent pretty much all day coming up with alternatives like:

E320/500/540i/05-06 RL and used exige next summer for a best of both worlds

or something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-BMW-325i-Sport-Premium-SMG-Navigation-Warranty-Load_W0QQitemZ150106749103QQihZ005QQcategoryZ6007QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

plus a more track oriented car later this summer or next summer.

Then I look @ 03 SMG M3’s and the prices are low, miles are low…but is the main’t going to piss me off?

I’ve gotten tired of the evo, great performance but spending almost 10% of the cars purchase price each year on regular main’t is starting to bug the shit out of me…plus the total lack of any sort of luxuries is getting to me.

Then the 335i came out, luxo, quick, potential, 4yr/50K $0 main’t (and they tell me track days are no problem)…but will it be too much of a pig to really enjoy on track?

ugggggggg

poll added to confuse me more…

PS - The evo is 100% paid off. I’d more than likely lease the 335i and lease one or two cars afterwards, unless the value v. buyout (25k) on the 335 makes a purchase at the end worth it. With the lease I’d take the cash from the EVO use it to make the payments and as an emergency fund (about 23,000). Basically I wouldn’t have to come out of pocket for 3 years and after interest gained on the equity on the evo i wouldn’t be getting screwed that hard if I bought out the 335 at the end, which I’m thinking I would end up doing.

I’d purchase a used E/5series/RL outright. Same w/ M3.

So none of the options really has an impact financially, the 335 would be best short term, but not long term. Although it wouldn’t be a huge gamble to say that by the time the lease is up I’d be more likely to be looking at new 7-series/S-class as a DD in terms of financial whereabouts

man, at least you have money to play around with to be looking at cars like this.

wish i was older :slight_smile:

exige FTW

I think you will get bored with 1 car…hop on a used low miles bimmer and pick up a toy next year.

that’s also something my dad has been trying to tell me…I’ve never had a car more than 2 years and i’d probably get sick of the 335 as soon as the M3 came out…

FUCK. I. HATE. CARS.

I know personally I tried having the one nicer car thing vs. 2 enjoyable cars and it failed miserably…you are a car person…its what you do, so dont deny it and get caught in a lease.

I would go used M3 if buying and 335i if leasing.

used M3

you probably need to have a toy on the side. instead of giving into the itch of modding your DD/only car and having dowtime.

i say used 3 series + exige

I skimmed, but if you have remorse before purchase, don’t pull the trigger.

I was damn sure I was getting a 1098 instead of the d675, I knew so much that I even had the check with me already made out. I showed up and looked at it, sat on it, looked at it again, and something between the bike either not living up to the dream, or the sales guy and I got that same exact feeling. I walked out and the next weekend purchased the d675. Zero regrets, and the cash in pocket to turn it in to a track bike for free weekends and buy the new trailer I wanted.

:shrug:

If you don’t still feel that same feeling, walk away. Every time I see my bike I get that warm feeling in my vagina… I don’t know I would have had that with the 1098, even though to bench racers, it’s a cooler bike. :shrug:

335 man, awesome car no matter what you are doing

But since I avoided the question, every homo out there has an E46 these days, awesome cars, but dime a dozen for a DD, make it a track hoe. And I don’t think you really want another DD that you end up modding to kaputsky, so that takes out the 335.

I’d vote for either the RL (nearly new). Only get the benzo if it’s an E55 (which it doesn’t sound like it is).

walter?!..vagina?!

Used 3 series and exige. Best of both worlds and both fun

It must truly blow to be in your shoes right now Joe, fuck- poor kid.

used m3 + exige FTW

You didn’t know? :uhh: :stuck_out_tongue:

Keep the EVO Joe. Wait until Fall. Then revisit this. There will be lots of new cars out to choose from by then including the GT-R if the pricing structure isn’t inflated by the dealer.

Like Walter said, any remorse, walk away. :tup:

ugg I’d love to just buy the 335 but I want to buy at least one more house in 07 and I really don’t feel like shelling out $6xx a month on a car payment.

The lease just gives me so much excellent wiggle room if a great investment of any kind comes along (current 25k home eq. + $23k (minus $6xx monthly))

But it also locks me into something for 3 years (well I guess not but trading a luxo lease is a PITA)

aiya.

The evo is great on the track and I know if I do nothing i’ll love every second of it on the track this summer, but it’ll cost me 2-3k and that just blows (in 5 years of ownership I will have spent 50% of the purchase price of the car on fucking upkeep!!!)

Track car and daily can’t be the same car. Buy an affordable car now and then get an Exige S when financially able. Why not get a year or two old white/black legacy gt and then have a bit left over for whatever track car suits your whim. Get a 951 or something initially more affordable if need be.

The house is a better investment, and would give you even more wiggle room. Wait a while.

if i were you id get an exige and move to california…but thats just me :stuck_out_tongue: