Looking for Ideas for a New DD.........

Well a guy put a deposit down on the STi and he’s picking it up next week. Having said that I am now in the market for a dd. I have 3 months or so to buy one(unless my explorer sells) so I am not in a huge rush. I have some ideas in my head so experts chime in. Right now I have it narrowed down as follows in order:

1. 2008-09 BMW 135i
  2. 2007-08 Audi A4
  3. 2007-08 BMW 335i
  4. 2003-04 Mercedes E55 Amg

Those are my ideas so far, gay or not I’m pretty sure I want a 135i however I am looking for opinions, new/other options, and pros and cons of these from people that know best. I really want a fun, comfortable, nice all year round daily thats a cpo or in warranty if possible. I have the E30 to mod and make fast so this will be something I do not want to mod(maybe wheels and coils if that) I have $27k to spend. Enlighten me.

-Steve

Have you driven a 135i? Especially if you don’t want to mod it… they kinda suck.

If you can afford the benzo and the maintenance I would get that. Or get a super clean e39 M5 with coin left over.

i trade sobo my evo for his e55, you buy the e55 off me, i buy my 335
done deal
lets do it <3

I don’t really think the A4 should be on your list. They’re fantastic cars, comfortable and nice to drive but unless you plan to mod it fairly extensively they’re kind of… really, really slow.

E55 AMG gets my vote, but I’ve had a thing for Mercs lately so I’m biased.

Edit: I should add that my mom has a 335, and it’s a riot to drive, even as an automatic and the tipsteptronicsequential gearbox thing they have isn’t too bad.

i think the a4 would make a perfect daily just for that reason.

mod the e30 and just drive whatever car you decide to go with…(aside from doing wheels and coils clearly hah)

Helicopter.

No srsly, Benz. It’s the new trendy car to buy.

yea i like them :frowning: i want something in warranty or cpo unfortunately for the e39

i <3 you but horrible idea

exactly why its on my list lol thanks walker, it never hurt any car to have nice wheels and low

i think we are on the same level of thinking for the most part.

i just want a nice comfortable ride as a daily. i have a 2nd car that i can get my kicks in for speed so its silly to have 2 sports cars.

im done picking performance over luxury, which is why im parting ways with the m3 for a slow audi…

exactly my thoughts

I say buy a tank.

Even my old-ass audi is nice to drive. I say look extensively into the audi a4. I think there are a few 2008’s for like 26k at Schmitt’s.

Mercedes is cool, if you wanna pay to fix it. At least with a newer car that you don’t plan to modify you can still have some remaining factory warranty for the shit that will inevitably go wrong

The A4 doesn’t compare to the others on your list but I think it’s the best option. Real nice car that looks good gets good mpg and is comfy. You also have that sweet e30 if you get the mod bug.

AMG gets my vote, that would be a solid DD.

135 or 335 with just a tune is a solid daily with about 350 whp/wtq.

how does an e55 amg constitute luxury over performance? I’m confused as to what you want, because you said your not concerned with performance, but all the cars you listed are turbo and supercharged.

Personally, I don’t see the point in getting the 135i over the 335i. It’s just as heavy, without the space. Can you save any money on a 135i over a 335i? If not, I would go with the bigger car. You’ll be happier in the long run.

I think if you want a benz as a DD, that you should pass on the e55 amg, and instead go with one of the more standard v6/v8 models. You’re gonna save yourself a lot of money upfront as well as on maintenance. Their standard cars aren’t slouches. They would blow away your listed A4.

A4 is probably a good DD, if you don’t mind it being slow.

My opinion in order of preference:
335i (or a 330i, save the money if you already have a fast toy, they’re still fun)
e350/550 (pass on the amg)
135i
a4

E55 is in a completely different category from the rest. 1/335, A4 are NOT overly comfortable or offer a huge amount of space or ballerSauce luxo features. Having the E30 should warrant going for something ultra cush, my vote goes E55/E39.

find me one and i will

haha knew that was coming ian at some point. just not having that warranty worries me. e55 amg guys chime in here, i know the air suspension is the achilles heel but what else do i have to worry about? especially at high milage?

For you application I wouldn’t buy an E55 without a warranty. That being said is also would buy any of the cars listed with one either…

then a e55 amg is out because in my price range i cant get one in warranty

Buy my Chevy Prizm for $1000, take remaining money, put a down payment on a house.