Someone explain to me

When is leasing a vehicle a better choice than buying and financing the vehicle?

depends what you like.

if you want new cars every few years and dont kill them with miles, leasing is the way to go.

If i didnt drive so much for work, id lease

yeah… def if you keep cars clean (you seem to do) drive less then 10K a year (dont know) and want a new car every 3 years leasing is perfect. but i use to drive like 24K+ a year and i would have gotten hammered.

when you want a car that impresses the neighbours and you don’t drive a hell of a lot.

never,unles u have a bussness

Other than a car used for business, this is the truth.

if you have a bussiness and another car…you can write off the whole lease on your taxes

i drive about 15k a year for work so i guess leasing isnt an option

I never could face that fact that you make all those payments during the lease then you have to give it back. That just doesn’t make sense in my mind. Even if you’re paying less, you still have nothing to show for it at the end of the lease. Even if you are a person that doesn’t mind paying the lease payment forever and getting a new car every X years, you will still be paying forever. At least at the end of my 5 years, I’ll have no payment AND the car. Even if its 5 years old… I can use those would-be lease payments to fix/upgrade it as neccessary. When the salesman started pitching me the lease info I laughed and told him he was wasting his breath.

^ agreed doesnt make sense at all to lease unless you got money to waste