Does .999999 = 1 vPOLL

Booyah!

I win

i so knew that was you.

that’s because your screen name is deterring.

what a thread!

i have a strong, small amount of physics skill…

for a folk tale and cool math problem .999999 could equal 1 depending on sig figs…but this is infinate soo no

although when calculating say a satilites path of passing pluto to do research and the camera/hightechequiptment need to be in the right place (where really really small numbers matter) the difference between .99999999 and 1 is hundreds of thousands of miles… and if nasa just said “close enough” you wouldet be gettin pics of pluto…

just my 3 cents

thats okay. Plutos not even a planet anymore. who cares about pics of it :slight_smile:

Yeah, and then when they’re accurate down to 1 billionth of a degree you still don’t get pics because bob was working in Metric and joe was in SI.

and it doesnt matter how fancy your degree is if you’re functionally retarded

soo… .99999999… is equal to 1 then?

:word:

this is what I was trying to come out with but I had to go back to work…

Solving the above equation the way they do it like saying infinity - infinity = zero…

can’t do it.

Also… just because x = .99999999999 in the two equations you are subtracting… doesn’t mean you can just plug it in to the 9x = 9 equation…

Because guess what 9x = 9 … equates to x = 1…

Using the logic of whoever is trying to prove .9999999 = 1, I can plug any number I want into x… 897498275 = 1…

Just cause I prove x = .99999999 in equation #1 … doesn’t mean wherever x is I can imediatly plug in .99999999

no

but its soo close though…

lol

Lets just say 1 is equal to inside a vagina.
If you are .999999999999999999999999~ from a vagina.
You are still not inside of it.

Sure if what you’re working with is a step function. On a continuous F with hundreds of evaluation points, .9999999999 is just as good as 1.

Being outside the vagina /= Inside.

And no where near “just as good”

Actually its better, as long as close is in the anus.

well technically 1, would make him at the vagina… not in it either…

but he is slowly closing the gap :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah but if someone put a gun to your head and told you to write down exactly how many guns are held to your head or he’d kill you and you wrote down .999~, you’d be dead. Pretty big difference now isn’t it?

^ lol

maybe you know he is missing an atom off the bottom of the gun… so technically it would be more right than saying its 1 gun… cause its not… its missin an atom