does anyone have a code reader for sr20 blacktop?

i need a code reader for a 94 sr20 blacktop ill give someone 20 bucks to plug it in for a min and write down codes for me . need to be in edmonton though.

Can do it for you tomorrow if ya like, just lemme know. Do you have an obd2 port, or do you need consult?

ha um depends on what those look like … i can send you a picture of the plug to your email from my black berry ? otherwise its a 2 pin wide by 7 long .

Sounds about right, but send me pic just in case.

alright sent you a picture hope it works ill put my car back together for tomorrow haha

Hasn’t come through yet, but I think it should be good. Gotta work till 6, shoot me your number and I’ll call you as soon as I’m done work.

pictures sent guess ill put my car back together now

Shit, sorry dude, that’s a consult interface. The scanner I have is OBD2, it won’t fit that connector. You’ll need to hit up Nissan for that.

alright names mike number is 780-903-8217

are you just trying to clear an engine light or check for engine codes ??? i know the s13 ecu if u pull it out you can check the codes by turning the dial back then all the way clockwise i believethen i flashes the code # then google sr20 s14 code chart and your good to go

Oh yea, same as a Skyline ecu, forgot about that, good call.

no i wanna find out why im building boost and holding boost no problem but its accerlerateing like a na and only to 140km cant go any faster then that ive checked everything but cant find the problem so a code reader might be some help i dont think theirs a light or a adjustment screw on my s14 ecu… , its also sounding like the exaust is plugged but i checked that today resistance on my colipacks is 1.5 ohms compression is at 132 psi for all cylinders

did you pulll your ecu out, its usually on the back towards the firewall if its installed correctly that will tell you if anyhting is weird with the engine anyway, thats a weird problem if you building boost you should feel it … :frowning:

1.5 ohms seems a little high, did you check the resistance in your multimeter before you tested your packs?

bahaha cant be smart and pretty . you guys are right i actually looked my ecu over found the screw and the light but the light does not work wiring is good because when i plug my ca18det harness in its starts spitting codes at me so the light on my s14 ecu is burnt out or ecu is toast … and autodream did the conversion wiring for me so it should be right , im fed up with this engine i buy a swap from dj auto in edmonton who got it from tiger japanese and have had nothing but problems , they still owe me 700 fo the turbo i had to replaced like im about to pull this engine (again) seperate the trans for the (3) time because i got it with a destroyed clutch and whoever had it befor put flywheel bolts that were quarter inch too long so the flywheel would shake like crazy, send it back get my money back and buy a swap from somewhere else … oh and my guess is they owe me and ecu as well. ha vent a lill , i need to take this thing to a dealer get riped for them to say its the ecu plus several other sensors is my guesstimate ?

is their a butterfly valve in the lower part of an sr20 intake just like the ca because if so that could be another problem if its broken.

yah the resistance in my ohm meter was .1 so yah , my car sounds like a subaru hopped up when im trying to accelerate except i dont go anywhere fast … it was like my exaust was pluged but i checked it and i though mabe a broken exaust valve or intake valve but my compression is the same in all cylinders im not sure what stock is supposed to be but 132 psi is resonable deffinatly means valves should be fine so im stumped …

I bought an RB20 from DJAuto a few years back and it was the same thing, except I got a cut harness, coolant, and oil ines, and no ecu. Oh yea, and the clutch was also fried. Sorry to jack, but I had to throw that out there.

yeah well i just kinda jumped into my swap and am now regretting going threw them big time nothings getting done in resonable time ,

but im pretty sure its just the light burnt out on my ecu because when i unplug my ecu engine wont start but when its pluged in it starts just fine … holy cow what possible could be broken to make it run so badly

Hey man I got a consult reader and software. Sell it to you for 120 or 40 to do a reading