does anyone have video of me on fire?

at track day 3 (dunville) My SHO caught on fire. when I got back there must have been a dozen people that saw it but does anyone have any video or pics of it.

nope, sorry. how did the fire start?

left handers send ATF out of the axle seal and onto the screaming hot exhaust. im also betting that it gets all over the axle and sprays off into a mist

like anything flamable thats well atomized, it burns well …

nothing on the car showed signs of scorching, so it was just the oil on fire, nothing else

[quote=“HotRodKid,post:3,topic:35401"”]

left handers send ATF out of the axle seal and onto the screaming hot exhaust. im also betting that it gets all over the axle and sprays off into a mist

like anything flamable thats well atomized, it burns well …

nothing on the car showed signs of scorching, so it was just the oil on fire, nothing else

[/quote]

yeah it is really odd. you almost can’t tell that there was a fire in the first place.

i wish i had a video of cuban crisis on fire.

lol

[quote=“newman,post:5,topic:35401"”]

i wish i had a video of cuban crisis on fire.

[/quote]

silly newman, cuban cant DIAF … he knows how to clone himself … and hes faster then flames can travel anyways … and could easily freeze the flames with his super-breath

i think you got lucky there. i have seen some start on fire and burn up so quick they can’t be stopped. we had one start on fire in our service dept fixing the gas tank and the tech didn’t unhook the battery so it shorted out somehwere and poof! The customer was glad it happened because they got a new car.