Dog Friendly Parks???

Well, I just broke down this weekend and my GF and I got a puppy!! I’ll post pics once I re-size them. Little 8wk old golden lab mix.

But I was wondering what parks are “dog friendly”; I’ve been to some where there are no-dog signs posted…

Amherst has a dog park. It’s off Mill near Sheridan between Sheridan and Main.

It’s been open 4 or 5 years and brought it up when that empty suit Bryon Brown was claiming the one just opened in Buffalo was the first in WNY.

i take my lab to mill rd in west seneca. Not techincally a dog park but its huge and theres a big creek. And chances are ur not gonna get in trouble for it considereing the west seneca police take their dogs their to get em some exercise as well.

right off of niagara falls blvd near ficht endle eye(spelling?) and the tim hortons there is a little island you can park and walk over to it. Every weekend there are TONS of people there with their dogs letting them off their leashes to run around. There is also the new LaSalle dog park. I would reccomend getting your dog spayed/neutered before going. Thats asking for some trouble that you don’t want to deal with.

ellicott creek park. that’s a good spot. my dad used to take our old dog there all the time.

nice, I finally know what the place is called now :slight_smile: I always hear about it, but never the name of it. I’ve never actually been there. By the time my dog was neutered and healed it was getting cold and I never wanted to go. Once the weather gets warm I’ll go.

If anyone is interested. I have a park across the street from my house and there is a baseball field. I usually take my dog there to play fetch since its mostly fenced(cept the dugouts). If anyone wants to bring their dog over and let em get some energy out, let me know. My chocolate lab gets along REALLY well with other dogs.

The amherst state park is a very nice spot. Huge open area, get to hike through the creek, very lax leash enforcemtent.

I gotta get her all her shots before I let her around other Dogs; She goes Monday for the 1st round of them. Then Puppy classes start Wednesday night.

I believe Delaware park is dog friendly.

The LaSalle dog park is on top of an aquifer.

Apparently the citizens of Buffalo don’t want poopy water.

AFAIK all the parks in W.S. are dog friendly. They have signs posted with bag stations near the entrances. As long as you clean up afterwards they’re welcome. I see alot of dog’s at Sunshine Park, Fireman’s Park. Mill Rd Park and the Soccer Park over on Seneca too.

were are the dog parks with all the hot girls and there little dogs?