Donations for Parker the Great Dane

Backstory

As many of you know just over a year ago my wife and I rescued our Great Danes, Bambi. If it wasn’t for Marissa posting a photograph on Instagram, we never would have gotten our dog. Marissa, lives in Louisiana and works for a Great Dane rescue based out of Texas. She helps mainly Great Danes and takes care of several special needs Danes (deaf/blind). Marissa often takes in dogs that people don’t want or in some cases would have killed. The stories are heartbreaking.

She recently brought in Parker who was in a Kill Shelter.

Parker is almost 2 years old and is suffering from Mange and staph infection. 95% of his body is open bleeding wounds. Parker is 30lbs under weight, not neutered, not current on shots and in immense pain. Parker will be in rescue for several months under going treatment and becoming the Dane he was always meant to be. This means we will be paying for expensive mange/staph treatment, heartworm preventive, flea preventive, shots, neuter, food and general care. Through all of this Parker is still wagging his tail when you say his name, giving kisses and leaning into anyone and everyone who attempts to examine him. We can’t begin to express how thankful we are for all of you.

The pictures are a little tough to look at, in fact the GoFundMe site that was originally created for Parker was taken down because of the images. Some people have also reported the Instagram photos of Parker. If you’d like to see his progress you can check out Marissa’s instagram page. Marissa 🖤 (@those_dane_boys) • Instagram photos and videos

Donations

Monetary Donations can be made here: - http://www.gofundme.com/Savingparker

They are also accepting old sheets/blankets (smooth surface only, no fleece or fuzzy blankets) he is constantly bleeding so sheets are needed, and 4Health Canned Dog Food (found at Tractor Supply)…and of course dog toys. Tractor Supply GCs are also acceptable. Those can be mailed to 4488 Florida Blvd Baton Rouge, LA 70806. Or if you’re more comfortable, I could arrange a shipment and you can drop stuff off or I can pick it up and mail it out.

If you don’t want to donate, if you could just spread the word about Parker.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/Thorguitarist/facebook64_zps459fd61e.png~original

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/Thorguitarist/twitter64_zpsa18d0bb1.png~original

Thanks Guys!

-John

Poor guy. :frowning:

Breaks my heart seeing this, it truly does. Can’t believe such cruel “people” live in this world. Donated and hope the handsome little dude gets through it.

-Gennaro

Thank you Gennaro! I really appreciate it. Even though he’s in pretty rough shape now, his spirits seem to be intact.

Marissa has received calls from people threatening to kill special needs dogs, one person who left their senior dane (I think he was 10) on the side of the road because they were sick of him. There were a couple hikers that found a Dane tied to a tree in the woods with a sign saying I can’t deal with this dog anymore. I wish I could adopt all these poor dogs that just want to get affection and give it right back.

Gennaro and anyone else who helps out, I really do appreciate any type of assistance, I truly do. If you see me out, flag me down and I’ll buy you a frosty one.

My wife is sending out two packages today with toys, homemade treats, money, and canned food for Parker.

No problem, wish I could do more to help.

:frowning:

id like 5 minutes with anyone who has these sick thoughts and ideas to do such a thing to these poor animals. I can’t even stomach the disgust I’m in.

Im following her on IG now, hope to see more progress.

• Updated - - -

I shared it on my FB in hope it’ll get some hits.

bump.

Kills me when I see stories about this. Wish I could save all the puppies.

The last picture posted of Parker, his skin condition has improved drastically. The Donations are at $5,000 with an initial goal of $1,500. My wife had to split the stuff she collected from people into two boxes because there was so much. I know he’s received tons of toys and treats as well. Thank you guys for the support.

I wish I could save all the dogs too. It’s incredible the amount of fucktards that discard these dogs like it’s a piece of clothing they no longer want. If I had more money and more room I would definitely be in trouble rescuing danes.

Parker has passed away. He died early this morning after the infection became internal…:sad: Thanks everyone

Sorry to hear man.

Oh man :frowning: Breaks my heart

:frowning: