don't hate on the 1.8t's(((((((( YETTTIIIIII)))))) woot woot dYNO MUNBERS OMGGGGGG

SIIICK

This SUCKS

u could pick up something very close to this for as much as an evo i hear

yup, he loves to do this it seems.

tell you this much, the sound of a vr is just about better than anything.

i could copy and paste a ton of nice fast vrt’s off of vortex but it would be a waste of time.

:facepalm :rofl

yea i hear ya but it takes them 2 more slugs and a liter more of displacement.

and a head thats one of the worst flowing in automotive history lol.

IMO Vrs are a more durable/reliable motor. I know a ton of people including myself that have high mileage reliable VRs. 1.8ts are good motors, but have a bunch of stupid problems. there are a lot of people making 450+ on completely stock VRs with a head gasket spacer, many of which have over 100k on them.

not to mention a VR-T is prob the best sounding motor (not counting exotics)

AEB heads flow good. vr6 heads are worse.

also, didn’t you tell me when you bought the car the motor had only 30k on it?

vrt>1.8t

that is all

im not sure on the exact mileage, however my red one had around 175k on it. petes old black one had 130 or 140k on it and it ran fine

questionable.

its almost worth it to put my new head on my car for that statement, but i dont want to hear the blown strut excuses, so the GTI will stay in hibernation mode for a while

:popcorn

Edit: FUCK!!! Where is POPCORN?!?!?! :ahh

seems like most vr6 guys make some power on the dyno but the 1.8T cars with less power run faster/quicker at the track… hmmmm.

vlad and singh are slacking.

but i guess http://s121386995.onlinehome.us/phil/tri/images/cat-bag.jpg
with my plans, thanks pete.

i never posted on anything about what you are doing?

yeah, 118 with a bent intake valve FTW

i like VRT’s but id rather have a BVH, short runner and big cams on a 12v VR6 , and a PTE 6262 billet on a 24v for sure

:thumbup