DOS command

looking for the setups for sending a message through Dos to another computer on a network ,been a while.

If I recall correctly…it’s

net send computername message

I think that the receiver computer has to be on the same subnet as the sender as well, but don’t quote me on that.

net send computers ip message. the messenger service is usually disabled now adays though…and don’t do this on a network where the admins will get all pissy about it…lol once in high school i spoofed the principals ip and messaged the whole WAN which was somewhere around 1000+ computers

Thank You xlogic- I think swarzkopf had it handled.

^^^Who are you?^^^ An alternative option would be…if you know the persons user name…thats a lot easier…that way you don’t goof and send it to a computer that they aren’t logged on to…net send PSxlogic blah blah. I made the mistake of sending it to a computers ip once that one of my friends was USUALLY on in high school just to find out that it was a teacher there :doh:

how do I turn on the service, ?

Type “services.msc” in Start>Run (or go to services from Computer Management (before xlogic throws it out there :smiley: )). Start the “Messenger” service in the list of available services that appears.

The service must be running on both the sender and receiver, obviously.

No Start button in DOS

net send USERNAME on the net work MESSAGE

ie

Net Send Jeff Diaf…

[quote]
No Start button in DOS[/quote[

Uh…I kind of doubt he’s running DOS as a primary OS. He’s likely running this from command line from Windows. :slight_smile:

lawl