Drift Hustle and SlideNY Practice Drift Day @ AIS

Thanks!

All the in-car would be Sam (Car Ramrod).

I did all the editing, my first time with HD and still very new to Premiere.

After sorting through like 112 video clips I realized the same thing: More variations, daring-angled shots, on-car mounts, chase car footage, moar HD cams, ect. Next year it’s going to get good, stay tuned!

We had a tripod there but never used it :lol We will next time though.

Notable mention:
Gatville had the 2-toned 240sx coupe with SLIDENY on the side. That car was only $200 and about $100 to fix up. He drove it 3 hours to AIS, drifted (first time ever) all day with stock suspension, SOHC, and a welded diff, and drove it home. So as far as people saying they need to get their car “setup” for drifting or don’t want to “spend the extra money”, you have no excuse anymore. :lol

Hope to see more people check out events out next year. It’s going to be Awesometown 2010 :number1

yeah I would have done like artsy stuff but we only had one camera and well me taking footage. To get tons of angles and stuff you need multiple cameras and more than one person shooting video

nice editing… looks great… cant wait to get out there next year

Ron, we need to make some sick rigs and mounts this winter!

Look forward to seeing you out there!

Good point steve!:thumbup I’m interested, keep your eye out for an additional 240 for me:shifty

I was just talking to my girlfriend about this. Might set my car up as a chase car for next year. get some sick shots. makes some ghetto skate board rolling rigs too

Yes

awesome job skeeve…we definitely will have to get a wider variety of shots for the next one. After watching my in car footage I realized my hands are spastic haha

x2!!! i literally bought the car 7 days before ais, busted my balls everyday after work to fix it up for the event. I put 750 miles on the car in the first 2 days i drove it, it hadn’t been ran in like 2 years :lol Hookedonfags and shady have no excuses!!!

Major props for this move… Looking good man

Does the car not moving under it’s own power count as a good excuse? :banghead

:lol i only have probably 90whp with the sohc and it did pretty decent

good for you man thats awesome!!! hahaha i love it

No I had an excuse… My diff was laying on the ground…

And the onyl reason I ddient make the first 2 events was because my rear subfram bushing were shot and clunking bad… and i was goign to do the last event because if it broke it was the end of the year and I wouldent have given a fuck… but then my diff ended up on the ground lol

but serious that awesome jon… doin work!

I think you missed my point, I meant literally not moving. :lol

You could try using After Affects for you next edition too, could be fun.

Consider the new GOPRO HD, easiest to mount in crazy places and fantastic footage from one. Also much more robust than dropping one of the HD cameras because your mount failed.

More filler material in the stages, but I was pleasantly surprised to see the footage of the prep already, came out well!

Chase car footage will be extremely hard to execute proper FYI.

Go pro go dead way to fast for being in the middle of nowhere

I started messing around with after effects, I have to learn more about it but I want to use that in the next video a little bit.

We were limited with battery life this time around so we concentrated on drifting footage. We will be setup good for next year :thumbup I’ll look into the GoPro HD.

i dont wanna hear it folmsbee! :lol, i cracked one of the perches that hold the rear upper control arm off of the subframe up there and still drove it home 3 hours…the next day the perch snapped clear off, car was all over the road and wouldnt drive straight for shit, still drove it to hvcc for 2 days after that.

edit: reference pic

great job on the video guys! looks like you had a very fun day out there. i def need to go to one of these with you.