Drift Tengoku, Older Episodes! :D

For those of you unfamiliar with Drift Tengoku they’ve been around since 96’ and still going, amazing drift coverage mainly from Japan.

I was surfing through and found two older episodes but DAMM…the cars are sikk as hell, especially coming from an amateur league of drifters. In my opinion one of the best drift video series to date.

here’s two I found online, this may be old for some of you, but for the ones who haven’t seen these episodes enjoyy!:cool:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3tz4l_drift-tengoku_auto

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5wk73_drift-tengoku-contest-amateur_auto

I used to watch a little Drift Heaven here and there. I remember back in the day Option was asking whether they should do dubs or subs on Option videos (this was before JDM Option). I asked Video Option to sub Drift Tengoku, as did many others, but they never went along with it. Maybe it’s too much of a niche market here? Who knows. Drift Twngoku always had bomb articles like how to change a tire with only a crow bar o.n the side of the road, etc. This needs to be subbed!!!

And trnaslate the mags lol. Such a great mag, but I can red like a sentence here and there at best on a good day.

Ya man! Subs ranslations would definitely make any of their mags or videos shine here! I love their raw footage and antics lol. Hmmm, I wonder if there are any accessible mags online or here in Ontario?

I wish people did scanlations with English like they do manga. Your best bet is to go to Pac Mall and pick them up there if you wanna shop locally. I got an Option mag kicking around here. Those mags are so much burlier, no toilet paper thin pages on em.

haha, ic ic thanks for the advice dude!

I didn’t know pacific mall had shops that stocked Drift Tengoku magazines!?! I’ve been picking them up monthly elsewhere…Do you know if they stock Option/Option2 magazines?

I nought an Option 2 mag there a few years back. Unless those shops went out of business, you should be able to get them still if you are willing to pay the price of course. I would double check if Pac Mall wasn’t 45+ minutes one way.

that website had some nasty spyware popups.

Yeah I used to go there all the time, but now I only go when I want to buy a new phone (it’s 45 minutes to get there for me as well)…Ah well the January issue arrived in the post so I’m out…

hey FEINT! your the best person to ask. what ever happened to Komatsu? he was to supposed to show up at the drift show back in 04. I never saw him drift for Signal again.The mad Kita (president of signal japan) said Komatsu was recovering from a broken leg. I never saw the guy again in any video except a street vid by some american.

He painted his 180sx red and competed in the Advans Cup, and other smaller events. I was told that he was sick of the politics and went back to smaller events, he was a grass roots driver at heart and it shows. I was a big Komatsu fan too. His 180sx is still one of my favourite S-chasis’.

ya man, I was aware of that too but if you got a good internet security software like Kaspersky for example you shouldn’t run into any trouble, other than that those videos are truely authentic and kick ass! none of that bling and show effects editing you see in most other videos now with the cameras.

The 180’s in the video with that naked guy, they were amazing!:smiley: those videos definitely make you wanna go sideways right after you watch em, and it’s not all the time that videos make you wanna go out and drift after lol.

There’s quite a few videos available on various torrent sites if it’s your cup of tea (no translations for those who don’t understand Japanese)…

bro if you got some nice legit links, let me\us know! cuz I tried a few so far and they’re just dead no download speed on them lol. More for the older series, amateur league and what not!

I noticed chunky bai in the first one video

he was the guy I wanted to see. I don’t know anyone who can slide their car 90 degree to road for 200’ft and nail the corner. infact the american D1 series looked easier than the japanese counterpart. the stuff those guy would pull for the judges was insane. alot of crashes but a few would pull of the corner entry of the day

qouted myself, oops! ment to qoute feint

That’s because in Japan you have to win in their feeder series’ like the Advans Cup, to be eligible for D1. Then unless you become a seeded driver, you have to continously qualify. When they brought D1 over to the US, they had drivers searches. Picture winning DMCC to gain entry to D1 and that kind of fives you an idea.

The guys in the smaller drift events are no shittier. It’s really hard to make D1 in Japan man, hence the balls to the wall drifting. Also remember the Osaka guys are OG. I have links to many pictures I may bust out for you guys. Some are dead but plenty of classic Osaka pics.

thank you again

Yeah a lot of them have little to no seeds so it does take a bit to download. I manly download Hot Version videos but I like to use BT Junky for Drift Tengoku videos. You have to check periodically as they seem to come and go…