Drummers

The pearl eliminator is kind of a joke. Their whole “cam” thing just gets stuck and messed up. Now it looks like they’ve eliminated the “cam” BS, so these might be an upgrade.

buuut, Iron Cobra FTW. I have a single and a double, along with the iron cobra leverglide two legged hi-hat, and I love them. I’ve slowly been switching all of my hardware to Tama, I just bought another Roadpro Boom stand, those fuckers don’t go anywhere.

Edit: after looking at them a second time I see a couple of flaws. The chrome ball thing, wtf? I want grip on the pedal, especially right in the one spot the ball of my foot is going to spend 90% of its time. If it was rubber/textured it might make sense, but its polished. And then there is barely any place to rest your heel for when you’re playing lighter/resting your foot. fuck that, I want a solid place to rest my heel. And those beaters look like $15 ricer shift knobs from autozone. Looks like they tried to make them pretty and didn’t think so much about function.

regardless of anything you mentioned (acj2500) i still want to try em out, but you are right, they do have a couple flaws now that i look at them.

oh by all means, I would definitely like to hear a real world review. Anything from a magazine will just be biased. Pearl is definitely not a shitty company by any means, and most of their hardware is solid. I just like my tama, haha. These just seem to be over complicated to me.

Also I looked again at the heel rest part of the pedal board and its actually adjustable, which is kind of cool, though a feature I would never use.

I just put new springs on my 5000s. They are ok, but I want something that is more responsive. my feet go faster than the pedals so it fucks me up lol. Tourettes has its advantages…like when you’re a drummer lmfao.

All the pedals are all built and work the same.

back 8 years ago when i used to mess around with the drums, they were made the same as brand new ones. just less flashy and cool colors.

the new equipment is nice no doubt but deff not worth the price.

i agree with fag newman

don’t 5000’s have adjustable spring tension? I mean, it gets harder to push down, but they should still come up faster…

Have you checked out the 9000?

Should look into doing George Kollias Exercises

:iobarf:

I really didn’t care for the 9000

shrugs they seemed a little lighter/smoother then 5000’s when I tried them. This was like 4 years ago though.