DRZ400SM?

im seriously considering buying one. has anyone heard anything bad about them? its the only street legal supermoto bike i know of. KTM makes a 450 and 550 neither are streetable. the massive ones are if im correct. i dont mind cruising on the harley, but i would like something i can toy with. the CR500 is just WAY to much for me. thanks for any input

you can street almost anything by putting the time forth or jumping on Supermotojunkie.com and searching the classifieds for streetable bikes for sale. On the drz note, they are slow, heavy, supermotos… (relative to the ktm, honda, husquavarna moto-x bikes that have been converted) that being said, they also require a quarter the maintenance and parts are plentiful… i almost bought one. You can race them at batavia motorsports for like 30 bucks a night. I hear its a blast

street legal crf 450 :tup:

The KTM 450 is nice too…You can street legal any of these bikes just need the lights, blinkers, and inspection blah blah blah…Check ebay these convertions are becoming very popular you can pretty much buy a done bike.

Most of those bikes have kits to make them street legal. Follow the link Willy provided. The guys on Sportriders.org are heavy into super moto / street legal dirtbikes, a lot of info over there too.

IF you come out next Sunday to Batavia, we’re having a special benefit/track race. I’m sure if you introduce yourself and you’re not a douche, someone would let you ride their bike.

is it at the go cart track? i usually toy around at 51 on the 500 but ill kill myself to race it. and thank willybeen i was looking for that site. and no i dont plan on being a douche, ill ride out on the harley. thanks RX3. there a KTM dealer local?
thanks for the info i was just to lazy to do research myself and figured i post here first.

Yes it’s the go-kart track. If you plan on riding and you have gear, bring it with you. Some of the guys have extra spare gear (suits, gloves, etc.) but no guarantees on how well it will fit. Since you said you ride at Area 51, you should have no problems with the supermoto stuff at all. Motocross gear should be ok for the supermoto stuff.

As for local KTM dealers I don’t know of any.

well i have moto x boots helment,gloves, ect. i have no leather tho. i doubt ill be doing anything amazing anyway. i dont like riding random peoples stuff but if someone offered id see whats going on a few slow laps.

yes there is a ktm dealer local, williamsville welding.

freewheeling cycle sells ktm… so does holland ducati

Apparently there are two KTM dealers in the area :slight_smile:

I don’t know how this guy is in buisness, I mean who names a motorscyle shop that is located in Holland “Williamsvile Welding”. I used to deliver parts to him and he was always an odd character. I believe he had a ktm motogp bike in stock though.

Holland ducati = williamsville welding

O rly? Must edit post.

the holland place sells motoguzzi, ktm, ducati, and husquevarna… if you take the 400 to the end, merge to the right and follow that road down about 4-5 miles it is on the left hand side… the guy has a sweet black lab too

sweet ill try to head up there friday and maybe i can have a bike to race saterday, but i doubt it, i have millions of questions for them and ppl with the drz

Then you should really check out sportriders.org, one of the guys over their did a full DRZ supermoto conversion, he has pics and everything. Any questions you have would probably be answered. I’m sure there is something similar on supermotojunkies.com. There are two or three other guys that run DRZ400s too.