DSM or not?

It looks like they are not easy to find…

sc300s are pig heavy, also if your on a budget there really hard to find cheep… generally they sell for 3k with 150k on them… and the damn na motor rarely blows up so its hard to find a shell!

A well sorted AWD DSM has really gone up in price as of late.

You might be better served with an early Evolution.

If you could only find a Evo powertrain / drivetrain to work in it would be ideal !! haha

Seems like the Evo stuff is 10 fold more reliable than the DSM stuff.

550whp stock motor with ease GT35R stock motor FTMFW!!!

ask kurt ( bluemeanie ) how much time and $ he has invested into his.

i vote SC300 or something nissan. way more reliable for less money i think.

You need a colt with a 4g63.
I have a total drivetrain and 6 bolt motor sittin around takin up space if you want it i will give it to you for dirt cheap. Look it up they are pretty scary.

I raced 2 @ QCR, It there ones with factory awd?

Not that you want it, but i should sell you my 2g i’ve had for years and years…

http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1418 wow, i’ve owned that car too long

talk to me

no they can be made awd fairly easily though

If i did that i dont think it would be PWS legal

no it would not

Its been so long since i’ve even looked at that car… its obviously worth more done and running, but i dont have plans to do that in the near future. It would be a super clean, quick car done though… ac/ps intact :wink:

pmed you, we will talk

Don’t do it. After working on hondas for so many years you will come to hate the sheer complexities of the DSM. Just stupid shit going wrong all the time. ALL the time.

i almost got a 1st gen when i was 16 but after hearing countless complaints of not being reliable i turned the other way. if hondas are your strong point id stick with it. but if you really want a change and do something different i agree with the others saying try nissan. b13ser tells me about how most of nissans motors can handle a decent amount of power on the stockbottom end. just my $0.02

Go V8.

go subaru they are a blast to drive and as easy to build as legos! find a gc chassis with a 1.8 and swap it. the 1.8 ecu can run any ej series engine as long as you have some form of engine management to run it. this doesnt work quite as good as a full wiring swap but its much less time consuming and will get your car up and running fast until you can do the whole swap.
just my 2 cents

I am looking to go 9’s I dont think the suby trannys can handle that kind of abuse