Dude, i totally have a 97 german import jetta...*rant*

So i was out delivering the other day, and i pulled up to the house. I got out, walked up, and knocked on the door. business as usual…

this kid comes to the door and pays for the food. all of a sudden he looks at the cackord and says “hey, didnt you have a black jetta?”

me - “ya, i had a jetta vr6 i just sold it a few weeks ago actu…”

dudebro- “ya man, i just picked up a 97 german edition 2.7 jetta v6!. its fuckign FAST!!!”

“wait, if its a vr6 its a 2.8, and the only year they were actually german built was a 94, i had one, if you look at the vin number there will be a letter before the…”

“dude this thing RIPS! IT SOUNDS LIKE A FUCKING RACE CAR!!!”

“actually its not that fast, i ran low 15’s in my jetta and it was pretty much stock. ya the vr is a great sounding engine. but look, your car isnt german built if you look at the vin…”

“its got the TURBO TRANNY MOD!!! SIIIIQQQQQQQQQQQQQ!!!”

“ive never heard of that before. ever. who sold this car to you. you poor little bastard. someone is blowing smoke up your a…”

“dude i ripped off the airbox so now it has an intake!!! it fucking ROARS!!! SIIIIQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ Q Q!”

“wait did you put a cone filter at the end at least? thats not really good for the car at all. and its not really a v6, it only has one head. its a VR6 because…”

“DUDE I CANT WAIT TO GO RACE PEOPLE IT HAS 113K ON IT AND IT RUNS AWESOME AND ITS SO FAST!!!”

"dude its not that fast, is there any timing chain noise? you should really… you know what i have to go now. there is dough that needs to be streched and ummmm later! "

fucking kids… sad thing is, i was probably exactly like that when i was 18…

moral of the story - if you run into someone who had/has a similar car that you just bought, listen. ask questions. dont wait to talk. you might learn something. like to never buy a vw. :tup:

<3

sell him a set of after marked racing speed gauges … after marked racing speed gauges are SIIIIQQQQQQQQQQQQQ!!!"

It is ok jam.

Because the GT edition is faster than the GL.
and the city was the slowest, That’s why it was made for city use.
Different transmission and stuff.

SIQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

SIQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

i kind of resent that?.. i mean…sure people have problems with VW’s…but most problems arise when the car reaches 100K miles and up… as would any other car?

heh, if you want bad…try driving a kia sephia or like car with upwards of 100K miles…you will shit your pants doing over 40mph…its down right scary.

i cant wait to see how the suzuki forenza’s do after like … 30k miles, lol

hahaha turbo tranny mod SIIQQQQQQQQQQ

Is the turbo tranny mod available for the MKIV’s?

That made me LOL

First, we know he didn’t say SIQQQQQQQ. You added that to pad your story line.

Second, If you know all of these things about the vr6, than why did you treat yours like a pile of poo? Like your car had stock timing chains at 164k miles??

Oh, I think I sold your car. <3

you should say all those things when you get the bimmer

supper siqqq turbo tranny mod!

because i bought it when i was 19, and delivered pizza in it, and by the time i was old enough to not be a shithead… well… the damamge had already been done. everything just added up.

and no, the kid didnt say siqqqq, i just thought it would be funny. but he did tell me he had a turbo tranny mod.

I’ll build him a PVC roll cage, I’m moving in on Lafengas’ market with cheaper materials!

^I’m going to undercut you with cardboard paper towel tubes! JDM paper towel tubes. :snky:

people thinking vws are fast :lol:

^^^ i know right, hahaha

dude at the drive through window:

omg is that a boost gauge

“Yeah”

siiiiqq is this thing fast?

“(99 auto 1.8t passat) no, it’s actually really slow”

yeah right dude its TURBO

“yeah it is, but it’s heavy as hell and 150hp”

no way man turbo cars are all like 300HP, i bet you can light em up like crazy

“not at all”

do it dude, light em up when you leave, do it…

“sure”

lol

^Should have sold it to him for 20 grand.

Thats funny i got rid of my VW at 60k miles and i started having problems with it when it had about 150 miles on it. It was piece of shit from day one. I also could write a huge list of the problems i had but i have done it before and don’t care to do it right now. Thats why i will never buy another VW.

good for you, im sure there is alot of honda,chevy,ford,isuzu,toyota ect… owners who can say the same thing.

im not a die hard VW fan or anything, but like any other car out there…they are bound to have problems.

differnt people have differnt luck