Team Panda . . . New Car

i just happen to see this and decided to pick it up . . . 200 Jetta Vr6 . . . 98,000 miles
future plans for it are : painting the wheels a diffrent color . . .
exhaust any ideas? cia again any ideas? and badgeless gril deff lowering springs thats just a start

sell it.

yup. run away while you can.

hopefully it doesnt puke a gear. or crack a waterneck before someone buys it.

nahhhh im good i like it im gonna keep it soo w,e

you have been warned.

What everyone above me said. I had one of these and regretted it big time.

Famous last words.

Truthfully, these cars are known to be problematic. Have the timing chains been done on this car yet? I have to assume they have not so if you have any plans to put anything into this car I would start saving for that.

:rofl

I like it… dont know what everyone is talking about. Talk to YettiVR, he knows his V-dubs and VR’s.

Get the maint shit done and get it solid again, then mod it. Or mod the broken stuff and kill 2 birds with one stone.

If you do the badgless grill, please send me the hood so i can shave the notch properly, dont get the gay notch filler stick in thing.

exhaust, on the cheap, I would just cut the stock muff out back there and weld in a good aftermarket unit. There isnt a need to bump up the dia of the entire system unless your going to do a ton of work to the motor to notice the difference. It will sound like sex, and only cost you $70-$100 for a good muffler, and if you were interested I could do the cutting, welding and hanging for you. PM me if you want.

I know first hand about these cars bud because I’ve owned one and they are pieces of shit. Tech’s I’ve talked to at Volkswagen dealers have said the same thing as well as my good friends up at GAP. That particular car is a sinking ship you keep throwing money into.

sweet stripes, and sweet tan interior. im also digging that bumper line.

2000s are probably the worst year for those cars. still sorting out the new platform issues

do it before you are in to deep

And it starts…http://shift518.com/showthread.php?t=19165

thanksss krazykidd. . . but yea im deff gonna do an exhaust and lower it and some other random things but i like the car so w.e ill do w.e i have to and it wasnt the heater core it was somrthing else and i got it all fixed so now its road ready . . .

VW, a car company that puts a big shiny warning badge on the front and rear of all their cars. I will say this tho, as hard and miserable as they are to work on, if you do it and do it well. You can work on damn near anything!:number1 one question tho. 09+ VW vans, the “soul” of a Volkswagen"… but the body of a Chrysler? even on the door it says Mfg’d by Chrysler corp.:wierd

tell me you didnt buy this off an italian guy from mechanicville/clifton park area, that was driving a black merc. with custom plates…

why do you say that?

rut roh

Sounds like you bought a great car.

uhhh, i duno man, i put alot of hard miles on my GTI i had and the only reason it broke is because i floated a valve. which was my fault entirely. stock valvetrain couldnt take the revs. stock 5 speed axles sucked too. but when i went to the 6peed i had no issues. never a mechanical issue. no dead MAFs no ignition coils. because youve heard of a few ill-fated VWs is doesnt mean they are all problematic. but early MK4s (99.5-01) did see most of the little gremlins, especially VR6 cars

ps. yellow headlights FTW.