dumping a lease early.

I’m trying to dump my toyota lease early and put more money towards student loans.

I am looking at buying a 10k honda civic, nothing fancy.

I have 11 months left on the toyota lease, at $234 per month.

2014 Rav 4 LE.

Car has 13k miles on it.

The buyout of the car is 17k. Book value is around 21k maybe.

I’m trying to figure if I have any lease equity in this thing, and if I could apply that towards a down payment on a cheap $10k honda civic at an Audi dealer down here.

Don’t need to get rid of the lease, it is just a little annoying not to be able to drive it on trips to avoid putting miles on it.

I talked to a different toyota dealer, they said just tack what is owed on the lease onto the price of a used car. That sounds like paying for two cars at once to me. Is there any other way to do it.

When I hear “not be able to drive it on trips to avoid miles” I’m guessing you’re either on track to hit your alloted miles or over, which means you don’t have any lease equity.

Sounds to me like there is no real way out… and by that I mean any real way out to end up ahead or without financial penalty that nullifies any advantage.

Not to mention the fact that a 5 year loan on a 10k civic will be right around what your lease is at. Ride it out for 11 months and figure it out then.

I do hear you on the mileage restriction thing. That sucks. I could never lease.

you can try swapalease.com or leasetrader.com. I took over a lease on there before. Depends on how good your payment is and if you’re willing to offer an incentive to unload it.

find out what your buyout is now, get it appraised and see where you stand… if you buy out the lease there may be lease end fees as well

lease equity?
lol.

go get a payoff quote - you’re undoubtedly upside down.

get a pay off quote for dealer inventory shoot me the vin and ill see if I can help you out