Dyno testing

Dynapacks read 10-15% lower.

Re-read my post.

and Mustangs read the lowest, right?

ZOMG I HAVE THE WORLDS FIRST 300WHP BOLT-ON’D E36 M3 (on a dynojet though…they read higher.)

:idiots :nuts

DJ’s don’t all read higher. :nuts

i dynoed stock turbo with a chip and tbe and made 188whp… on a DJ, ive seen 1.8ts with the same mods do over 200whp on a DJ… so i duno.

dyno numbers are for bragging rights, they don’t really mean shit, esp if your car weighs 4000lb, lol
I would just care that its tuned properly, not so much what the final reading is.

The problem is that DJs like all dynos have software and configuration. DJ’s on average may read higher but you can’t use the blanket statement. The only different is DP which reads from the hub which SHOULD read higher but again, it’s the software.

it all depends on where it is, what the correction factors are, and how its configured… i dont plan on putting my car on a dyno again. i dont care about numbers. i just got a good deal on the pull.

this was like 2.5 years ago i had like 10k on my car, tiny k03, revo stage 2, 3inch dp, same catback i have now.

Exactly. The problem is people just see the name and assume it will read whatever the stereotype is.

I wasn’t being serious you toolbags

Go smoke a blunt stoner. :ohnoes

That was literally hours ago, bed time now.

So Synapse uses a dynopack? Or a dynojet?

I’m going there in 3 weeks or so to get tuned/dyno’ed.

Its a dynapack, are you bringing the maxima thats in your sig pic?

Thanks.

Yes sir. I got headers/exhaust on the Maxima in late July of 2007. I drove around for months with a lean GHOST code (CEL not lit, but code was ‘pending’). Last week I installed a Apexi V-AFC 2 since I am getting a 2000 Maxima IM put on (variable - I’m a 99) and needed either an RPM switch or a V-AFC 2 to control it. That’s all I have for go mods. I’m expecting around 200hp (taking into account that the dynapack reads less). If it was an accurate reading, I’d be around 210hp or so.

Only thing I’m really concerned about is getting a proper tune so I can get rid of my lean code and maximize efficiency, etc.

Very nice, afcs usually work great on nissans but obd2 ecus have a tendency to fight them. Do you have a wideband to monitor afr?

Vafc on bolt-on n/a maxima=:rofl

Correct.

Not at the moment.

Do you a drive a Maxima? Do you know anything about them? If not, stfu. Thank you :).

Also, you might want to re-read why I have an V-AFC 2 to begin with.