Dyno testing

Hey guys!

I need to get a couple of baseline runs on my car bafore I start taking things off the engine. Last time I had it dynoed was in 2005
Any recommendations and the local places that have dyno and, more importantly, that actually know how to use them properly?
Experience with standalone engine management is a huge plus.

Thanks,
Alex.

Synapse

:lks :fail :bdance

Gorgeous car man, I love it. Honestly, JClark is probably the best person to talk to… I wouldn’t want anyone touching my car unless they have worked on them before… No offense to Synapse, but they still have issues with their specialty…

Alex, a bunch of us are fans of Moon Performance but they’re up in Lake Placid. For the AWD guys, that’s the closest dyno we can use. Synapse is right in Glenville and have a good rep w/ any/all Honda guys. There’s Redline in Rotterdam, but I’ve heard nothing but dishonorable things about them unfortunately. Other than that, I don’t know where else really. Let me know when you plan on going.

redline sucks ass avoid them he did my first motor in on my camaro :nod if ya lookin for a baseline and no tune synapse will work just fine

Yeah If you just want a few runs to see what you’re making go to Synapse. Their dyno will help your ego a lot more than the one at Moon. :nod

redline wouldnt even know what make your car was, stay far away from that place

What? :confused If anything Synapse’s reads low.

also very true …

no joey yours was true it really is that low ;D :nana

Lake Placid! Damn, that’s too far. I’ll have to tow the car there, so I’d like to stay local.

I need before and after runs and possibly some tuning if I get standalone EMS.

Alex -

Both Morgan/Paul at Synapse and Seth at Moon are great tuners and great people.

best bet would be to go to Synapse

It’s worth the drive. Everyone loves scenery. Besides, you have the best tow rig out of anybody on here. =)

While a Dynapack is configurable, usually reading at the hubs, doesn’t mean low.

Thank you Jesse.

Chris, the trip to the lake would be about $150 in gas only. That thing goes thru a tank of gas in 150 miles @110 mph with trailer… :ssh

WTF you doing 110 for?!?!

At 75mph, the trip takes 2hrs each way. And prolly will get you about 100mi longer per tank lol.

Following an SUV on the way to Watkins Glen.

Well start removing weight from the wagon, make it as light as the race car. Better MPG for sure!