E-Town pics/vids (A-Rod info)

just got back from e-town’s import v domestic and WRX v EVO day with dkid, tdi logik and fairbdubs, had a good time. thermo on the SER read 71 at one point, and there was a nice warm breeze the whole day, it was perfect.

the track was sticky as HELL, every time one of the track crew would go out in an ATV or a pickup to tow someone off you could hear the tires sticking to the track like glue, this obviously helped a lot of people get out of the hole and their 1-2 shifts, but a few cars blew axles and trannies (i think 3 cars blew axles and 1, possible 2 had some pretty serious tranny damage)

overall, it was domestics>>>>>imports and wrx’s>evos’s as far as actual bracket racing goes, but the wrx’s were slowwwww, they were just dialed in well. i think there was only one in the 12’s, one hit 11’s, and the rest were 13’s, 14’s and 15’s. i dont think a single evo was in the 14’s or 15’s. very impressive, especially some of the stock turbo ones.

same thing with the domestics, they were mostly (relatively) older guys, average age probably 30, and they were consistent and dialed in well. there were certainly come quick imports, one of the “yosolo” eg hatch’s with an N/A k20 setup ran 11.0 @ 124 (not 100% positive on that exact time, but it was in that area) and there were a few boosted b’s and k’s in the 11’s and 12’s. i’d say on average, every other import that ran would either spin off the line for a solid 3 seconds or would miss at least one gear. multiple cars missed 2 AND 3 in the same pass and i’m almost positive a guy missed 2 3 and 4 in the same run :number1 :rofl

here’s an 02 wrx with a full exhaust and a tune running 13.1 @ 101, STOCK TRANSMISSIONNNNNNNN (a little cazwrx shout-out :ahh)

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff31/kramerbuccs24/e%20town%203%207%2009/th_CIMG4774.jpg

quick pic of the parking lot (all the cars in front of the fence (back of the pic) were racers, everyone behind it, spectators):

hard parkingggggggggg. from left to right, real volk ce28n’s, real advan rs’s (i think lol), FAKE LE37’s :facepalm. that white STi was nice as hell, otherwise.

little bit of eeeeeeeeeem-r-2 action

pete was telling me this is mike from synapse’s old hatch? i dunno, i dont know mike or the car

SERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :rofl :haha had an intake, ran a 15.1 @ 97 (i ran stock 14.5 @ 98 :facepalm)

i liked this plate a lot (335i)

eric, take notes: :rofl

JDMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM:

i liked this for some reason:

all the M haters: :rofl (the e36 had intake/exhaust and ran like 16’s or some crap :facepalm)

Alright, enough of the BS :smiley:

here’s the rodriguez’s getting the whip ready for the day:

first run: wheel hop like a BITCH to a 12.6 @ 119

here’s their 2nd run of the day:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff31/kramerbuccs24/e%20town%203%207%2009/th_CIMG4761.jpg

diagnosis: broken axle at the hub. you can see the wheel hop there, it’s pretty bad. it’s a combo of the tires and the super sticky track, a lot of cars were hopping bad, certainly not just theirs.

they sourced another axle at a local shop, threw it on and their third run ended like this:

diagnosis: broken differential, and it shot out and cracked the transmission casing. here’s some tranny fluid on the ground.

overall i was pretty impressed with the a-rod mobile. it was wheel-hopping in the first run just as bad as the second one that i got on video, so 1st and 2nd gear were spend just hopping down the track and it still managed a 12.6 @ 119. with a different tire setup this will certainly be a car to consider the season at the valley.

thats about it, we had a great time, cruising down with the windows and sunroof open was pretty fucking sweet for a change of pace, spring can’t come any sooner :thumbup

there was another local car that went to run at island dragway today… check the shift W.o.T. thread for details :wink:

you subie guys aren’t going to shut up about that for a few months, are ya? :rofl :smiley:

good post

im not a subie guy…i detest them with a passion now… im just happy for jay that after all the time and money… and more money he’s dumped into his car he ran a new personal best his first time down the strip this year.

i know i was just messing with ya. im happy for him too (even though i don’t know him lol), thats some impressive shit.

Thanks for the info. I fucking love concave TE37’s, even if they are fake.

Any SupraS?

yup. two mk IV’s, a white TT 6spd, stock or close to it, i dont remember what it ran, and a yellow auto TT (you can see it in the parking lot pic), ran a 12.1 @ 112. it had the stock TT’s, i guess just a few bolt ons and a tune, it was pretty quiet. dialed in way too slow and didnt let off so he was out in the first round of bracket racing.

i spy cobalt ss’s :slight_smile:

What did they run, 15’s? :rofl

the first car I noticed in the parking lot pic was the bright yellow Supra.

I spy an oxford white termi with a tan top.

the only one i remember seeing is that yellow one on the far far right, it was bolt on/pullied, ran like 14.1 @ 99 or something.

lol it does stand out pretty well

yeah that was a nice car. just about mint. stock or close to it. ran low 13s

:excited:excited:excited:excited:excited:excited

does the arods car break at every event they go to ?

lol

although it seems that way, they’re currently running a $1,300 turbo setup, so take that into consideration :thumbup

Any idea what it ran?

dont quote me on this, but i think in the 13.0 @ 105 range.

Ill race ARod’s car with my truck. Ive got a tow chain in the truck so I can tow it back after it breaks.

Sounds pretty solid, I think Mike’s best at LVD was a 13.6? @ 105. E-town always seems to be quicker, but idk.