E28 M5 - WWYD???

[sarcasm]yeah because domestic companies don’t do anything like that…[/sarcasm]

http://www.sn95forums.com/content.php

As you may know, I’m not the biggest fan of BMW’s. But that, that is NICE! I don’t care if they “ruined” and original E30 M3, that is nice

I get it that’s it a body style and that that particular style ran for so many years. I’m not into the euro scene so I don’t know what year that car is.
I never said domestic’s don’t have body styles but how often do you here someone using that term without saying what year the car is. Really the only time that happens is with corvettes.

… uhh… all the fucking time. This is a weak argument muchacho.

So you’re obviously going to LSx swap it…

http://i.imgur.com/djrt3bn.jpg

Looks like the bumper shocks were drilled out on the front bumper and they tucked it, rear is missing. Maybe time for euro bumper upgrade?

Does he have maintenance history on the s38? They can be pricey to rebuild. Only get 11mpg or so I believe.

They are a hand build m car. The e30 m3 is setting a precedent that these things are rising in value. The e28 m5 is still a few years behind the e30 m3, but they certainly are climbing. A couple years ago you could get a decent e28 m5 $7-9k, now that price is $11-15k. As you said cherry ones are going high teens, sometimes maybe even low 20’s.

I presume they will continue to climb in value. There were very low production numbers.

buy it. or let me buy it.

so this thing was on the books with the insurance co for $24k cdn.

i let one of my techs who lives in germany but is working for me in calgary buy it last week. he got it for $6k cdn. The cars are already about $30k cdn in Germany and rising.

i would bet this will be a $25k car all day long around here in 3 years and will go well up from there. a definite unicorn for BMW guys.

There is another one i am aware of in much worse shape in toronto that i tried to buy but they guy wont sell it.

These have been climbing aggressively in value. I’d say do it. I’ve always liked how e28 M5s looked with Euro bumpers, thought about one back when they sold closer to $10k.

there is an e34 m5 locally for about 9k you should pick that up and throw it in storage too…