E90 M3 Sedan!

The powerful M-version of BMW’s 3-series is scheduled for launch next year only. The 3-series M will be available as coupe, convertible and four door. For the first time power will come from a V8 power plant, derived from the M5 and M6. It is a 4.0 litre engine delivering 415 HP, transmission is a seven speed SMG gearbox. A traditional six-speed manual transmission will be offered as an option.

The photos are showing a prototype of the sedan in current cold weather testing. It has still some disguise at front and rear end, the rear skirt in particular hiding the four exhaust pipes.

can’t say I love it. I’ll wait til they make the final version though.

As of right now… E46 M3 > *

anyword on an AWD version…but yea I prefer E36 or 46s over that one…i dont like V-8s.

Pretty cool to make the m3 in a sedan again. But if I personally wanted a 4 door and had some cash to spend id go for the m5.

Still hot though.

:gotme:

My my does the E46 look very dated now. I remember when they came out 8 years ago and the one kid’s mom had one. I used to turn to look because it was just so neat looking. Now it’s just…common. :frowning:

I still think e46’s are pretty hot

I hope to pick one up in awd touring trim for a daily driver within the next couple of years

my boss has got an 05 AWD 6spd…its soo hot…its a nice dark silver…

Jay for some reason i like V-6s or I6s better…kind of a balance of torque, fuel econ…and power…i am jsut fucking wierd

I guess for the M3 I would prefer an I6. The engine in the E46 is a friggin’ work of art. A V8 in that car does seem a little clunky but knowing BMW they will make that shit handle like a champ no matter what.

I’d say it looks better than 99% of cars on the road today.

AWD 2005 M3?

i dont like the e46 much (i know it is the bestest in everyone elses opinion. oh well) but that thing is fugly. i really dont like where alot of the new car designs are going, especially european saloons

^^ the “bestest” styling of all m3’s is hands down (my pants) the e30.

e46 is the most overall pimp looking I think. Idk something about the new styling bmw went with just doesnt do it for me. I checked out the new m5 and I just couldnt get excited about it. driving the thing wouldve been 80 million times different, but they just dont excite me like howies mom or father does.

I concur. I’d gladly give up some speed (and heft) and purchase an XJR. Now there’s a pretty car…

Can’t beat that Jag reliability…oh

no sorry regular 3 series…4dr i think 325xi

its nice lookin…but i have to agree that the e46>e90 in the appearance department

Because BMW’s are known for their reliability, heh.

Did I say that, heh?

Im not a fan of the new styling, but teeeeefuuukin up to the power/performance and the option of a 4 door. thats a great combination… now if only i was rich…