e46 M3 opnions

Well this is just a random thought in my head… I get these from time to time :slight_smile:

I really like the new M3’s… they seem like a really balanced car. I love my supra dont get me wrong and I just put a lot of money into it… but… whats your opnions on the new M3’s? I know they were having engine failure problems in 00-01… but that is fixed for 2002. I like the idea of factory navigation, heated seats, cinnamon interior, etc… If this would happen it wouldnt be anytime soon.

I still want to play with my car a little more this winter, dyno it this spring, and run it with some slicks on the rear to see what its going to do on 30psi. Im just to the point where I can say FUCK IT and quit playing cars, buy the M3 leave it STOCK and pimp it. I just dont get anything out of building cars anymore… plus the street racing scene is dead around here (except MP).

Id like to put my car on ebay for a ridiculas amount and see if someone will buy it, what do I have to loose?

its a tough call, i really like the new m3’s , depending on how much you can get out of your supra you might as well atleast look into it more next summer or whenever. It would probably be more reliable, and last longer, being newer. but not as rare as what you have.

http://www.hartge.de/assets/images/E46M3.jpg

http://www.hartge.de/assets/images/M3silver01.jpg

www.dtmpower.net has a lot of good info

thanks for the pics… but I think that thing looks ugly… IMO

I REALLY want an E55 AMG… but… thats a little too much money

http://home.comcast.net/~markfroberts/m3.jpg

heres a white one at the SEMA show

sorry for the huge pic… i didnt get a chance to resize it

m3 is nice but id find a way to get both. i like the supra plus you cant have too many cars. there may be a shortage one day.

Unless you get a stupid amount of money for your car on Ebay it’s probably not worth it. Obviously your car is faster (well, at least straight line), it’s rarer, and IMHO it has just as high of a bling or bitch pulling factor. Don’t take a bath on all that mod $ you just spent.

That being said, E46 M3s are awesome machines… I’d take one!

-TJ

e46 m’S are very sweet :cool: they are a lot of money though. up keep on one which is not still under warrenty can be a lot. also make sure if you are getting a used one it is post 01, because they were having a few minor problems with engines blowing up :eek3:

that being said i say do it :cool: i like how mine looks, and it’s far from an m3. they are fun to handle, price for mods will be same as your supra if not more though :hs:

i think the e46 is the best looking 3 series, atleast imo :smiley:

http://files.conceptcarz.com/img/bmw/1990_bmw_m3_evo3-1.jpg

gotta give love to the e30 as well

you will not keep an M3 stock guaranteed… it will start with small things but you will not keep it stock

here is a video of the e46 m3 vs teh new s4 v8

http://www.tarleton.edu/~catkinson/audiovideo/TopgearM3vS4.wmv

I heart the Old school E30

Originally posted by Phil02E46
e46 m’S are very sweet :cool: they are a lot of money though. up keep on one which is not still under warrenty can be a lot. also make sure if you are getting a used one it is post 01, because they were having a few minor problems with engines blowing up :eek3:

that being said i say do it :cool: i like how mine looks, and it’s far from an m3. they are fun to handle, price for mods will be same as your supra if not more though :hs:

i think the e46 is the best looking 3 series, atleast imo :smiley:

You arnt kidding about the mods being expensive $1200 for an intake :eek: Whats up w/ that :confused: I am really interested in it, but its going to be hard to find the color combo I want. Steel Grey w/ Cinnamon interior… we’ll see how everything goes w/ the supra… im not in a big hurry… its just an idea at this point.

me and integrrac took one for a little unauthorized spin when we were valeting… It wasnt as straight up powerful as i thought it would be, but the suspension was freakin awesome. i was seriously taking bends on this POS back road at like 80mph in this dude’s brand spankin new M3 (300 miles) that i wouldnt take in the talon at 50…

however, 800hp supra > M3
M3 = cool, but you’d get sick of it in a hurry coming off a supra. You’re not even 21 man, enjoy your bad-ass sports car! Think about M3’s when you’re old and shit…

Originally posted by Darkstar
me and integrrac took one for a little unauthorized spin when we were valeting… It wasnt as straight up powerful as i thought it would be, but the suspension was freakin awesome. i was seriously taking bends on this POS back road at like 80mph in this dude’s brand spankin new M3 (300 miles) that i wouldnt take in the talon at 50…

however, 800hp supra > M3
M3 = cool, but you’d get sick of it in a hurry coming off a supra. You’re not even 21 man, enjoy your bad-ass sports car! Think about M3’s when you’re old and shit…

Ill be thinking about E55 AMG’s, CL600’s, M5’s, and 911TT’s when im older hopefully!! I dont really mind being in debt over a car… I drive a lot for work, and im never home… so a car is like my home away from home. I thought about keeping the Supra and getting a Denali truck to roll around town with, but I still owe a lot on my S10 and I would loose my ass on it, the Supra is paid off so it would be all profit. Who knows.

Originally posted by SP71Supra
Ill be thinking about E55 AMG’s, CL600’s, M5’s, and 911TT’s when im older hopefully!! I dont really mind being in debt over a car… I drive a lot for work, and im never home… so a car is like my home away from home. I thought about keeping the Supra and getting a Denali truck to roll around town with, but I still owe a lot on my S10 and I would loose my ass on it, the Supra is paid off so it would be all profit. Who knows.

I like the Supra / Denali plan a lot better.

At least keep the supra for a summer… those denali’s dont hold their value too well. Im sure you could find one coming off a 2 year lease that was babied by some old fawks.

Originally posted by SP71Supra
You arnt kidding about the mods being expensive $1200 for an intake :eek: Whats up w/ that :confused: I am really interested in it, but its going to be hard to find the color combo I want. Steel Grey w/ Cinnamon interior… we’ll see how everything goes w/ the supra… im not in a big hurry… its just an idea at this point.

it doesn’t stop there, suspension, exhausts, wheels, everything is a lot of money. a lot of the parts are german made, so they up the price just for that. it’s a nice car, fun to drive. color combo would be sweet. i also like natural brown, but that’s a special order. if you can swing the m3, i’d say go for it. they aren’t straight line cars though. like mike said they are made for the twisties

personally i like the E36 M3

Originally posted by Darkstar

oh fuck i remember that. tried to do a burn out but got owned by traction control.

i like the m3 but i think rusty will agree . . . s4 = baller

“bi turbo makes me bi curious” - vtecthingy