e46 M3 opnions

Originally posted by integrrac
oh fuck i remember that. tried to do a burn out but got owned by traction control.

i like the m3 but i think rusty will agree . . . s4 = baller

“bi turbo makes me bi curious” - vtecthingy

The S4 is pimp… but the new M3 owns the new V8 S4 in stright line, the S4 will out handle it, but I personaly like the M3 over the S4.

E46M3 > E36M3 any day of the week… IMO

Originally posted by SP71Supra
The S4 is pimp… but the new M3 owns the new V8 S4 in stright line, the S4 will out handle it, but I personaly like the M3 over the S4.

E46M3 > E36M3 any day of the week… IMO

anyone that says they would take a E36 over an E46 is retarded…

333hp > 240hp

its power was very linear and smooth. nice and torquey, but nothing too impressive, you’d get bored with it plenty fast. I couldnt imagine only having 240hp…

Theres some greasy greek lkking guy that has a yellow E36 down here… he has to be like late 20’s, always cruises around 2 gears too low, weaving in and out of traffic. He was being all badass to some teenager in a teg, the kid was ingoring him, but finally got sick of the toolbadg, stoped on it and left him in the dust. we got up to the next light and i laughed at the guy, he mentioned something about me having a POS cavalier and whipped me off, did a big burnout, and promptly got pulled over by the police officer 3 cars behind me.

Originally posted by Darkstar
anyone that says they would take a E36 over an E46 is retarded…

333hp > 240hp

its power was very linear and smooth. nice and torquey, but nothing too impressive, you’d get bored with it plenty fast. I couldnt imagine only having 240hp…

Theres some greasy greek lkking guy that has a yellow E36 down here… he has to be like late 20’s, always cruises around 2 gears too low, weaving in and out of traffic. He was being all badass to some teenager in a teg, the kid was ingoring him, but finally got sick of the toolbadg, stoped on it and left him in the dust. we got up to the next light and i laughed at the guy, he mentioned something about me having a POS cavalier and whipped me off, did a big burnout, and promptly got pulled over by the police officer 3 cars behind me.

ahahahahaha thats funny… yeah anyone that would want a e36 over a e46 os crazy… i mean dont get me wrong the e36 looks good for its day… but the e46 is much more refined.

ahahahahaha thats funny… yeah anyone that would want a e36 over a e46 os crazy… i mean dont get me wrong the e36 looks good for its day… but the e46 is much more refined.

:werd:

thats like wanting a C4 vette over a C5. :greddy:

e36, are lighter than e46. but i would take the e46 in a heartbeat :rofl: supposedly the new m3 will be a v8, but :dunno: if you find the e46 at a dealer, make sure it’s a CPO, that way the warrenty is extended and all that good shit :bigthumb:

i think i read somewhere (motor trend perhaps?) that you are supposed to use a special motor oil in the newer m3’s. Pretty much only found at BMW dealerships and around $7-8 bucks a quart. :eek:

Originally posted by 1320
i think i read somewhere (motor trend perhaps?) that you are supposed to use a special motor oil in the newer m3’s. Pretty much only found at BMW dealerships and around $7-8 bucks a quart. :eek:

<insert pic of a bottle of Penzoil with a dinan sticker haphazardly stuck overtop of Pennzoil sticker>

Originally posted by Darkstar
<insert pic of a bottle of Penzoil with a dinan sticker haphazardly stuck overtop of Pennzoil sticker>

:rofl:

If you are looking for a new one the engine problems are taken care of. Used…I can post a list of build months to watch for if needed.

Keep in mind that there are almost no reliable power upgrades for the E46m3. Intake/cams/headers/cats…that is about it.

If you decide to get one and mod it let me know. $1200 for the GruppeM is steep.

The Oil is 10w60. It is damn hard to find anywhere but the dealer.

Well if you can afford the $57,000+ to get the car, im sure oil wont be much of a problem, lol… Toyota V160 tranny oil is $43 / quart or something like that.

IBLessNessMan

Well if you can afford the $57,000+ to get the car, im sure oil wont be much of a problem

damn man…im just sayin, thats expensive oil.

Originally posted by Logik
IBLessNessMan

too late for that one :slap:

Originally posted by Phil02E46
too late for that one :slap:

lol

Luv the E46 M’s but I would take a tricked out Supra or a tricked out E36 M any day over the E46 M :eek:

damn man…im just sayin, thats expensive oil.

I didnt mean what I said in the way you took it… but yes indeed its expensive oil… :cool:

Originally posted by scfb518t
lol

Luv the E46 M’s but I would take a tricked out Supra or a tricked out E36 M any day over the E46 M :eek:

same here

e46 m3s are the shit. it will make you look more mature.

Originally posted by peterock17
e46 m3s are the shit. it will make you look more mature.

mature enough as to change ones oil without spilling 6 qts of it on the floor of your friends shop?

:tounge:

i wanna see 10’s out of that supra before you get rid of it

hey. it was more like 2 quarts. it was the first time I changed the oil in my gay VW. :smiley: