e46 M3 opnions

Originally posted by peterock17
it was the first time I changed the oil in my gay VW. :smiley:

:grouphug:

yeah mark… get that poupra out to the track and have fun with it next season… :tounge:

Originally posted by 1320
i wanna see 10’s out of that supra before you get rid of it

I definatly am going hit 10’s before I sell the car… thats a promise… well unless someone emails me and says i want your car and will pay whatever you are asking for it… then ill proably say fuck 10’s… but thats not going to happen so im sure ill get a few 10 sec passes in.

Originally posted by scfb518t
lol

Luv the E46 M’s but I would take a tricked out Supra or a tricked out E36 M any day over the E46 M :eek:

really?? I mean to each his own… but mike put it the best… who would want a C4 over a C5 vette… thats about the same with the M3… the e46 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay nicer than the e36… I mean I like some e36’s for a car in general but not at all compared to the e46.

Originally posted by turbovw18
:grouphug:

yeah mark… get that poupra out to the track and have fun with it next season… :tounge:
x2

keep it & run it little buddy!!!:smiley: :cool:

Originally posted by Phil02E46
too late for that one :slap:
:rofl: i didnt even see him (yeah, how’d that happen?)

Originally posted by SP71Supra
really?? I mean to each his own… but mike put it the best… who would want a C4 over a C5 vette… thats about the same with the M3… the e46 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay nicer than the e36… I mean I like some e36’s for a car in general but not at all compared to the e46.

E36 M3 = “the best handling car ever”

example: going from a B5 Audi to a B5 VW, sure the niceness factor kicks you in a the nutz sometimes, especially with the bitches, but essentially the its the same car. Now the M3’s in question are 2 totally different gen’s, but your getting the lightly used best handling car ever, with a huge ammount of aftermarket possibilities and power adders for 1/2 the price vs. a pricey ballers toy (for the most part :cool:, lessnessman :tounge: ) with very few aftermarkets as of now
true the E36 is not a ‘nice’ as the E46, BUT if you got cash, feel free to flash :blingbling:
Neither will ever go as fast as your supra is capable, plus - who and how many own supra’s vs who owns M’s? keep that in mind

rule when owning a german car…the german car owns you!

Dump the mk4, unfortunately any class that was associated with the car has been ruined by the rice hype. I obviously love mk4s, but I hate all the butchered riced out POS buckets I see rolling around. You will probably never be able to sell it for more $$ than you can now.

Id go for the E46 M. Really, for a driver, its a much better overall experience. The mk4 interior is well built, but very Jappy and plain. The seats suck too. Handling, even a mk4 with full suspension will never ‘feel’ as nimble as an E46 M. A good friend owns both, mk4 as a garage queen and M as a daily…he will back up what Im saying here.

Sure, for raw power and 1/4 times, the SUpra is the clear winner. Not much else to say here.

If ‘looks’ are a part of the equation, the M will pull way more from the more established ladies, as well as the younger chicks. The Supra may get the youngins attention, but it will not impress the grad/law students. Hell, it may not even get a second glance from a non car enthusiast chick.

I plan on getting an E46 M, but not while I live in PA…I have a problem driving a nice car in the winter, and at $26,000 /parking spot Im not buying another to park a winter beater in :wink:

An E46 M gives you lots of luxury, a fat aggressive german look, smooth linear power, GREAT handling, some respect and nice 13sec slips. Thats a nice driver.

i say…

ditch the stupid ass wing hanging off the back of your car(sorry, but supra wings are ghey, even if they are on a supra), get a decent looking set of wheels for it, and get something a little more up to date than the HKS VPC to run the car and i guarantee you’ll be a lot happier with it than you are now. i know talking to you out in vegas exactly why the car irritates you, but i think with how you have the car built, it is not pushed to it’s extreme that it should be irritating you the way it does (exactly how mine does), and you should be able to enjoy it alot more than you do.

yes, an E46 is pimp, but i don’t understand how it could come anywhere near the thrill of 700 hp throwing you in the seat of the supra, which yeah, isn’t as nice of an interior as an M3, but is still pretty damn nice…

700+ hp supra > stock M3 … but thats my $.02

i heart

Originally posted by rusty240det

jay’s got some good points, not to mention you already have the supra. i am sure there is not difference betwenn a 700 hp supra and a 300 hp m3. the m wasn’t really created to be a drag car. if you want to make the jump, i say do it. but your car is pretty sweet as it is.

john, you got better pics of brad’s old car?

heres one

to bad that car is all riced out now… that car = mad pussy

Originally posted by whitey
to bad that car is all riced out now… that car = mad pussy

yah, i saw that last year, some kid in penn hills area has it. chrome fire extinguisher and all :eek3:

Originally posted by rusty240det
i say…

ditch the stupid ass wing hanging off the back of your car(sorry, but supra wings are ghey, even if they are on a supra), get a decent looking set of wheels for it, and get something a little more up to date than the HKS VPC to run the car and i guarantee you’ll be a lot happier with it than you are now. i know talking to you out in vegas exactly why the car irritates you, but i think with how you have the car built, it is not pushed to it’s extreme that it should be irritating you the way it does (exactly how mine does), and you should be able to enjoy it alot more than you do.

yes, an E46 is pimp, but i don’t understand how it could come anywhere near the thrill of 700 hp throwing you in the seat of the supra, which yeah, isn’t as nice of an interior as an M3, but is still pretty damn nice…

1st… the wing is an opnion thing… and im not going to remove the wing, weld up the holes, grind em down, fill em and re-paint the hatch (being its a 3-stage pearl paint) and since I would be re-painting the hatch, I would have to blend both 1/4’s. I agree wingless supras look awsome… but im not really worried about going through all of that just to take off a stock wing. Yes other ricers ruin the “supra wing” by putting it on a civic, but it belongs on my car and im leaving it like that. Im not a body kit fan what so ever… Im into stock bodied cars, which mine is.

2nd… Wheels are nice on a Supra but its not like spending money on a set of wheels for Honda, I need WIDE wheels in the rear, I already have god knows how much money into my car already, im not spending any more money on something thats not going to make it go any faster, its just not worth it to me… I dont show the car.

3rd… Yes the VPC is old technology, but its also proven technology. The AEM would be far superior to the VPC, I had someone willing to trade me but they backed out… that was the only reason I was going to switch to the AEM.

4th… The thrill of the power is definatly fun, but id rather have a nice all around car that I can drive. Im really really bord with cars in general, I built 2 of them, they ran pretty good in my opnion. The street racing scene is beat anymore…

Ill proably end up keeping my car for a little while, dyno it, get it to run a 10, then clean it up, and sell it… once I run a few 10 second passes then my goal with cars will be completed.

I was talking to my dad about it and when he was around my age he said… “one day I got sick of spending money on my car, was tired of working on it, tired of dealing with it in general, I said fuck it, I sold all everything dealing with my car and never looked back”… im about to that point. Ill definatly drive it for a little while longer and push it to the limit. Then sell it :slight_smile:

Dead Thread…

http://www.yangnome.com/albums/norm357/Darins_sig.gif

u need to post this when u lock a thread:D