ebay/ performance mod???

Well i see this thing on ebay they call a mod chip. I know its not chip, but for 10$ with shipping give it a try ,cant loose . but will it give you more hp ?? is it safe ?and what wires do you bypass it with ?for 91 DOHC 240sx
I dont want to be cutting the wrong wires to test this thing…lol
Thanks fast Frank

first off search, this has been cover many times. second do not get it, its a 99 cent resistor from radio shack that tricks your car into running richer which in turn may give you a couple more hp. its not worth it

hey man, this is basically the simplest a/f ratio mod, it will give you a couple hp at most, i would not get it, you will run richer, lose out on gas milage, rather save the money and get an SAFC2 it does seomthing similar, get intake, exhaust, and buncha other crap for your engine that would do somehintg, or suspension or something

WOW that fast, well i have all the mods on my car, but a little more is all good too. I dont need to save on gas…i need to test this thing just to see if i feel it… but i dont know the wiring for hooking up in my car… i need to test it.

get it if you want, just remeber that we warned you

well i have it here . do you know where to wire it up ? it all for fun .

iirc dosnt it just replace a current resistor? i dont think theres much wiring to it, just plug and go

Im not sure where it gos ?? i think it gos on the air temp sensor wiring? but i cant find it… i my be wrong… but the air temp sensor and MAF sensor are together i think…

im not sure then, i havnt had any experience with these. they didnt come with instructions at all? have you checked the ebay page to see if it gives you any more info?

well im pulling up some engine schematic to get some info . thanks for your info and time .

What you purchased is garbage. Put it on, hate it, take it off, and tell all of us we were right :smiley:

And with gas prices as high as they are now a days, why are you not worried about mpg?

i should be right thier on your maf 2 wires that go to the resister on the side

I’ve got this awsome paper bag filled with hopes and dreams, garunteed to give you some kind of performance gain (not an actual garuntee) It hooks right up to your glove box and gives you amazing power.

only 19.99

I mean really if you’re throwing money at the wall, at least give it to someone who will be smarter with it than you.

Remember, you get what you paid for !

dude, the mod chip is last week. The best bang for your buck is red bull as a fuel replacement! It gives your car wings!!!

oh man too good

SO how exactly would One go about doing this resistor manually… Ohm on the resistor? Where does it hook up to? i got a little electrical work station in my basement might as well take a resistor and see what this is all about…

its just a resistor that changes the signal voltage from the MAF i believe. so it changes the voltage that the ECU sees, tricks it into thinking more air is going into the engine so the ecu throws a little more fuel into the engine.

it works on the same principal as an safc except that its not adjustable… and it is also extremely gay

I have Eprom chips for N/A and turbo for Ka24DET. If anyone is interested, take it for $15 bux. i’ll install it into the ECU for an additional 15bux i guess. Just make sure you check inside your ECU and see if theres an Eprom, it’s rectangular and has 28 legs. Else you may have a 2 rows of 20 soldered empty spots which you can adapt an Extension board to. I might be able to get my hands on those extension boards for $65bux each with a rom on it to run t25,t3/t4 turbo on stock maf with sr 370cc injectors (8bls base map for KA24DET) or just an N/A tune to take advantage of 91-93 octane gas (9whp average). These same chips can be found on ebay for 35US, or 190 US for an entire ECU with a daughterboard.

how do these eprom chips run on a lightly modded n/a ka??? or is for the big power boys??