eclipse help

ok so my friend she has a 03 eclipse its a 4cylinder and as she come’s to a stop the rpms drope to below 1000 and feel like its gona stall any thoughts what the problem would be? and as she takes of and trys to floor it it wont go past 40 mph and atkes forever.

vacuum leak… and CEL codes?

i guess she brought it somewere and a mechanic ran the codes and it said spark plugs but she got new ones put in when she got the car i also noticed who ever had has a sway bar and a intake on it so it was prolly beat on. it was from a auction

Spray it. Give it a 15 shot for idle, 400 shot at WOT.

Any numbers to call the previous owner ??

none… sucks though

if it threw codes for spark check the ign system, dist, cap ,rotor, wires, cheap easy stuff.

Ebay intake causing a vacuum leak. Put the stock one on (get a junkyard one if you have to) and it might be fixed.

:gtfo

My brother had a cheap ebay intake on his truck that caused a vacuum leak and made it run like that.

There ya go.

this isn’t a truck paul+ your bro prolly had some hoses open.

It doesnt really matter if its a car or truck.

The POS intake didnt fit right and kept falling off the throttle body. He put the stock one back on and it runs fine now.

i know it doesn’t matter but the issue is that it kept falling off the t/b.

Yeah, that could happen on any car though. It happened to my Mustang when I didnt tighten the clamp enough and it ran like that.

there’s your jam. gotta tighten up the clamps paul!

Yeah, I was in a hurry or something. I dont remember why though.

these were good for wreckin the boots on the spark plugs after time go to napa and get a set of plug boots for the car but i dont think that may be your problem if it wont go over 40 its sounds like no fuel or a plugged cat

:rofl whats this travis tech ya worked for mitsu and dont know there isnt any cap rotoror wires on them:retardclap

mass air flow sensor… or a clogged cat could be the culprit… check all the easy things first like dave said. you’ll find the prob