Economic Stimulant Cut Passed :picard:

for real with the wife and kids i got less back i did not get any EIC b/c i made over 36k and i did not get any of the money i paid in b/c i paid more on the house …i thought i would get both the money i paid in and the money i paid in for the house but you only get to pick one…they was the gay thing about it …you know i still got 8 back but still if i got the ECI it should have been 14k witch that is what i thought i would get back …i was also told i would get most of the closeing cost back witch i got none i had a closeing of 15k and got like 300 back for some stupid tax i paid

How many people that are in debt will get this money and still not even have the common sense to put it right into the loans they need to pay off.

God Bless America!

well at least the main story for the usa today online on the “money” page is this
story:
http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/food/2008-01-29-pizza-tracker_N.htm

page:

you suck at both english, and finances.

and life :gotme: i really dont care

STFU THIS IS THE MOST BEST IDEA THAT BUSH EVAR HAD!!!1

shit if I get this money its going straight to getting my ass out of debt. Its like a get out of jail free card lmfao.

^no, its like getting your sentence postponed for a year or 2, with 10-20% more time tacked on.

I don’t like the words surplus and tax used together.
It implies “extra” money.
The govt should have never taken the money if there is extra.
I called it govt profit.

agreed, gov’t shouldn’t run a profit.

But likewise it shouldn’t run on hopes, and dreams.

At the end of the year the government should end up with exactly what smart tax payers are hoping for with their tax return. Either paying in a small amount or getting a very small refund. That means you were as close to being in balance as you could be.

Are you fucking high? A budget surplus allows us to pay down the FUCKING ENORMOUS DEBT THIS COUNTRY HAS!!! The government doesn’t make “profit” until the debt is at zero.

Exactly. Wife & I got ~100 back fed, and owed ~50 to state.

With that logic lets just raise taxes and pay-off debt.:bloated:
Just keep raisng taxes and spending and everything will be just fine.:bloated:
I don’t even want to get into it with you.
We obviously have totally different views on govt spending so what’s the point?

What are you talking about? First we need to get rid of the Bush tax cuts, then we need to gtfo of iraq so we can stop spending money there, then we need to cut the shit out of government bureaucracy to cut spending. After that we can use the annual budget surplus to PAY DOWN THE DEBT.

You’re right we do have different views, you want the government to operate on debt and I don’t.

Face it, your taxes are going way the fuck up because we’ve spent ourselves into a fucking hole for the last 8 years.

Clinton: Budget Surplus, paying down debt

Bush: Budget deficit, increase debt

News flash: I AM NOT GEORGE BUSH!

Honestly, whenever I mention not spending you mention Bush.
WTF?

It has been a while so I will mention it again…
I DON’T WANT THE GOVERNMENT SPENDING ANY OF MY MONEY UNLESS IT INVOLVES INFRASTRUCTURE OR DEFENSE.
Cut ALL other spending and I will show you the biggest “surplus” EVAR!

I’m done with this thread.

Will I get any of this money back? I only made about $7000 last year from a company…

I made quite a lot more in miscellaneous income so will have to pay in on that.

But I live at home, and my household income is over $100,000…SO my parents won’t get any back…but will I?

You pay your own taxes, yes you will.

Haha, an old guy typed “WTF” and “EVAR”

I immediately had a bad feeling about this plan. I just don’t understand how much of an impact they feel this is going to make.