Edelbrock vs Trick Flow?

I’m looking to get something more out of my slow 5.0.
I can get a “kit” from Trick flow
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=TFS-K514-360350B&autoview=sku

I’m sure Ebelbrock has something also, I have only been able to come up with a carb top end kit.

Basically I’m going to do
Heads
new cam ( replace the e303 )
Intake.

BDR tells me Ebelbrock, I’m just seeing what everyone else thinks.

The AFR heads I had on my 5.0 gave me almost 100hp. I had Edelbrock upper and lowers MAC shorties and a Vortech A-Trim.

Everyone has it mastered at this point, it boils down to where you can get them cheap and used.

im a fan of afr…

God you Mustang guys can mod your cars for cheap… I would get AFR’s hands down, esp for the money.

man up afr ftmfw

AFR & Trickflow are about the best heads you can get for a SBF out of the box. I prefer AFR but he TFS heads are top notch also. You will pay a bit more for either over the Edelbrock heads but you get what you pay for.

Talk to my brother about the AFRs on his car… where he got them, and how cheap they were. I think that will make up your mind for you :slight_smile:

My friend has Edelbrock heads on his 306

With those heads, trickflow stage 1 cam, full exhaust (lt’s no cats) and GT40 intake he made right around 300 rwhp on motor to give ya an idea

Edelbrock.

Edit: Or the other two, they’re all great heads. I personally like Edelbrock.

based on?

The other two are proven to make more power.

Show me the proof. My ported Edelbrocks make plenty of power.

LS1 LOL?

haha

How fast is this mustang?

I’ve run both the Edel 6037 and the AFR 165 on my car, and in my experience the AFR is the way to go. Both make great quality parts, but out of the box the AFR’s are tough to beat.

If I were to be in your shoes and was looking for a H/C/I combo I can’t stress enough an AFR 165 with an Ed Curtis custom grind cam from FTI, and pretty much any aftermarket intake (with exception to the Cobra and GT40). A couple of my friends were some of the first customers Ed Curtis ground cams for, and in there street trimmed foxes ran 11.7’s @ 117mph with the bolt-on combo mentioned above (back in 2001 or so).

FWIW…both these guys had been using an Edelbrock 6037/E303 combo that were running a best of 12.3 @ 109mph:)

To clarify, I didn’t say anything was better, I just said that I like my Edelbrocks.

Fast enough. There a few LS1 cars on here that would beat mine.

It is a well established fact that AFR heads out perform Edlebrocks, especially when referring to the 5.0 SBF. Idk why anyone would use different considering how affordable they are for you Ford guys… AFR heads for LSX cars are $2200 and up, and thats the cheap “top notch” heads, TFS and ET’s are even more.

You might want to do a little more research … $ for $ the eddy vic head will and does outperform AFR’s … I have nothing against them …

I know i can list at least 40 pro stang driver that run eddy’s …

Hell i even know one board member who runs them … and they are even emission legal

I think he means his Mustang is LS1 powered.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, I know that AFR makes great heads. I just stated a personal preference to Edelbrock.

F*** no.

I am also not trying to get into any argument here … just throwing out my .02 …

we all know that LS1>*