Eh this won't help gas prices

I really hope they accidently sank it with one of the mines they’ve been using all over the Gulf. More likely it was Israel though. An Iranian ship and refinery catching fire the same day seems a pretty odd coincidence if they were both just accidents.

If you go to leave work and your car is on fire, then you get home and your house is on fire…. Maybe it’s time to look at who you pissed off recently.

Zohan out of retirement?

Little difficult to drop a 2k lb bomb on Russian hackers.

But you can cut their power / internet. Or do what someone did to Iran previously and power surge / overload their electronics.

Right, but when I hear, “we’re going to start treating this like terrorism” I picture more severe consequences than just turning off your power or frying your laptop.

Honestly I don’t know how you fix this without the Russian government’s help, and considering the intel says they’re likely sponsoring this we’re a long ways from getting their help. Do we start sponsoring attacks on their critical infrastructure? Severe sanctions? Does anyone think the potato in the White House is capable of any of this?

The problem with that Oynx said is you’re talking about Russia not some weak country we can easily push around or drone(not saying we should drone some hackers) someone in with no consequences.

Sanctions on Russia is probably the best they can do at this point or snatch some of these dudes up if they ever go on vacation…I guess NSA/Cyber command could hack them back for whatever that is wroth.

@LZ1 USA should ransomware vodka companies.

@LZ1 can you comment on ‘attribution’ and how easy it would be for anyone anywhere to simply make it look like they were in Russia or related to Russia when carrying out such attacks?

is it not the case that you could literally be in Canada and make it look like you’re doing it from Russia… and that you almost certainly would do that if you were engaged in this kind of work?

The place that run ransomware as a service like a full blown companies that sell ransomware, process payment, etc and they’re 100% based out of Russia…

If you were hacking for other reasons you could probably make it look like you were from somewhere else…however once money is involved ehhh hard to be in a lot of places.

Got half a cow a month ago, and my DD gets 180mpg and my wife’s van gets 40

Eat my balls meat and gas prices.

(I realize everything else I buy will cost more but that can eat my balls too)

another coincidence:

another coincidence

If you’re trying to impact global gas supplies by blowing up individual gas stations I hope you have a LOT of matches.

some of the pre-text suggested it is not a gas station in the sense we think of a gas station but i dont know more details for sure.

i am just using this thread ot post what could be attacks on infrastructure since that is probably one of the more obvious vectors by which war is waged these days.

It’s a “gas” station.

I’m guessing when things blow up in Iran that related to nuclear it’s pretty straight forward what happened…

When things blow up other places it’s probably human error or just bad luck. If you’re talking about cyber attacks targeting control systems that make things explode thats expensive and takes a lot of time.

2 Likes

Another refinery blew up. Probably just another odd coincidence.

Yet another coincidental explosion

Things blow up without computers lol