Eletric Drumset...who here has one and what do you think

1st things 1st, I would rather have a real acoustic set BUT somethings are making me lean towards electric. The biggest thing is the wife. Most of the time when I want to play its late and I dont want to worry about sound. I dont feel like building a sound proof booth. This way I can play with a headset and not have to sleep on the couch.

1. Taking it places. Friends of mine get together 1once to jam and I HATE breaking down a real set and making many trips to bring it to where ever we are going. Electric set is much more compact.

2. 50 different kits. I love being able to change the sound of the kit

3. playing with your own music from a USB and taking out the drum part so you can play your own is pretty cool.

I have played on them before in GC but only for minutes…feel is ok. I guess it depends on make and if the heads are rubber or cloth

The set im looking at is the Roland TD-9S or the Roland TD-9SX

But OVERALL what do you guys think

personally i hate the cheap ones, but as long as you buy one of the good ones (not with the full rubber pads) i think youll be happy with them for what youre going to be using them for.

my best friend is VERY into his elec. drums.

he lives in a place where he cant practice 24/7 on reg. OG drums like he would want, so he puts the headphones on jams for hours with his electric set.

His cost A LOT of money if i remember correctly, so i believe he got a very upscale one. He also likes to record some overlays for some of the albums he does.

i could put you in touch with him if you would like.

lower model is $1400
snare is cloth and the 3 toms are pads

higher model is 2400
all drums cloth

go with the higher model.
for that much you could get a phenomenal DW kit though…

Electric drum sets are still loud, you’re not going to be able to play this in the house with people sleeping. The only people that won’t hear this over a normal set are the neighbors.

heres the SX model
scroll down the page and on the left there 3 links to click for video…click the top link
heres the page http://www.guitarcenter.com/Roland-TD-9SX-V-Tour-Electronic-Drum-Set-104820980-i1395448.gc

Cavi Mike:
the only thing people will here are the tapping of teh sticks on the pads as long as i have the headphones plugged in

There’s no “tapping” because the pads are designed to have the same feel as a real head and they end up being quite loud. A guy in my friends old band had to build a sound room for his in his basement.

only true if the pads are all rubber. if you go with cloth heads you could be in the room next to someone sleeping and they wouldnt hear you at all except a little from the bass pedal.

Roland v-drums HD1 lite kit. designed for apartment use. 10 drumkits, hi hat pedal/dbl bass pedal/etc. /thread

where were you when I was selling mine? jerk.

NO they still make a bit a noise, cymbals are the loud part!

the cymbals are loud because they’re all rubber, so they’re loud just like the full rubber pads, as i said before. and yes you’re hitting something with a wood stick there is always going to be a little noise but not as much as everyone is stating.

^right

i know it wont be SILENT but it wont be anywhere near a real set

Besides…my 360 at midnight is probably louder then a set in another room =P

that would actually be a true statement.

we bought a roland for a project we were doing on the side 2 years back

i highly suggest the v-drum for the snare, but it feels odd on the toms

either way head out to guitar center and play with em. if you can find it, there’s an older yamaha they discontinued that was really dope…but they’re impossible to find. they have a memory card with exchangeable samples - so dope.