emissions help

ok so i went to get emissions and failed lol…(ka24e motor) hco ppm was 62 (limit 64) co% was .16 (limit .35) no ppm 1480 (limit 727)

ok so that was done when i had a leak off of the down pipe gasket so fixed that and changed mass air flow sensor or valve( the one the tubes into intake with the black plastic box ) and then went for a re-test.

hco ppm went up to 70 (limit 64) co% went up to .37 (limit .35) no ppm dropped to 1123 (limit 727)

ok so need some help in figuring this out (dont wanna pay $$160 to have it checked im a little Jewish lol…)
or if someone knows where i can get a test done then point me in the right direction.

ok well for starters you failed your second emissions test because you fixed your exhaust leak, obviously with a leak all the emission gases are exiting the exhaust before they can be measured by the exhaust gas sniffer they put in your tailpipe while testing your car. Now as to why your NOx levels are so high, whens the last time you did a tune up and changed your air filter? Also the inspector who tested your vehicle may not have “pre-conditioned” your vehicle properly which can cause a car to fail.

^^^^^^QFT. I can’t stress enough how much having the car warm will make a difference. Go for a really good drive before running it. One thing i have to add is that the inspector definately did pre condition his vehicle. If not the machine would kick him out of the system. The time varies depending on how hot the exhaust gases are. Do a tune up, change your oil, run 94 octane gas and cross your fingers. If you still fail…chances are your cat is no good.

NOx = oxides of nitrogen = combustion chamber temperatures in excess of 2300 degrees = fuel burn so hot that gases other than CO2 and H2O are formed. Minuscule amount of CO (incomplete combustion) and HC (hydrocarbons = unburnt fuel) are present because no car is perfect, there’s too many factors, O2 sensors, MAF/MAP sensors, CT sensors, etc.

I’ll leave it at that.

Many people seem to have NOx problems, yet so many people don’t even know what NOx really is, or what its caused by.

If you really don’t care about your engine go to ctc and buy a bottle of ‘sure-pass’, “guaranteed to pass emissions test”, or so it says…

You need one of those exhaust bypass valves lol.

or get a fake etest…

Well if he changed the plugs, oil and air filter and brought it to me im fairly confident that i couldve made it pass for sure. But ya you fixed your exhaust, now you probably need a CAT get a cheap one for when you need to pass e-tests and have a test pipe the rest of the time.

t3/to4eturboman ,do u etest cars???

i dont think fake etests/safety exists anymore. if they do, i sure as hell cant find one…

pm if anyone can get me a fake etest…

good luck, most people seem to be very tight liped when its comes to fake papers

They are not cheap anymore. Expect to pay around 250 to 300 for a etest. Your almost better to get a tune up, get some methyl hydrate and go for a good drive.

pm me if u can get papers