EMISSIONS

Hallo guys! Need your help ASAP, I hope someone has seen something like that before. I have yr 93 240 with the ka-de, went to emission test yesterday, and here is what it shows:

ASM2525 TEST(when rolling 40 kph):
HC ppm: 80 (limit is 64)
CO% : 0.42 (limit is 0.35)
NO ppm: 1543 (!!!wtf) (limit is 485)

CURB IDLE TEST
HC ppm: 198 (limit is 200)
CO% : 0.36 (limit is 1.00)
NO ppm: NA NA

RPM 923
Dilution 15.0

Why is NO 1543, three times more than the limit? Perhaps someone did encounter situation like that, what would be the cause, and what do I fix?

id say your cats pooched, how long has it been on the car?

the no reading was like that on my old ford, changed the cat, passed.

Couldn’t that be egr problem as well? Cat definitely needs changing. It’s been on the car forever.

yes it can be an egr problem. mine was double the limit because of my egr. but i bypassed the BPT valve and it passed

What’s the BPT valve? How did you bypass?

the bpt valve monitors the exhaust pressure to activate a diaphragm that controls the EGR vacuum. im not to sure how we bypassed it. i had someone do it for me. maybe someone else on here knows what to do. but it will bring you HC up a little

The thing is that the exhaust gas return pipe cracked, and is now blocked.
How about if I partially block the exhaust pipe, leave a hole, say, only 1/2 inch in diameter, this as well should reduce the burning temperature in the cylinders, and lessen NOx emissoins. What do you think?

if you try to restrict (plug) the exhaust it will still fail.

change your cat and you’ll be good.

i remember when i replaced the cat on my vr6 swap and it still had high NO emissions. the tech said it was because they threw the car on the tester without much of a warm up. the cat works best when it is hot like after a hard drive

Yep, that’s what I think I gonna do…