Engine light on!!!!!

2 day ago i was driving from work in my 92 civic hatch with a B16a and the engine light came on.Id pull over shut off the car and then turn it back on and the light went away.Then 15 mins after the light came on again.I jumed the the plug to read the ecu codes and it doesnt do anything.I went to advance to see if they can read the codes but the dont have the right plug for it.Also i can smell fuel fumes and it doesnt have any fuel leaks.I dont know if this is related to the engine light but im lost.The ecu i have is a P30 with a Skunk2 chipped.Can somebody give an idea what could be wrong?

Also another problem.The engine has Skunk2 stage 2 cams with stock valves springs and retainers.There’s a really loud ticking noise from the valve cover.Last week i adjusted the valves and still ticking really loud.This week im goin to take the cams off and put the stock cams back on.U guys think is the cams are too big for the springs thats y is making the noise or the cams fuck the valves springs.Thanx.

PS: I bought the car with the cams install so dont flame me for using the stage 2 cams with stock valves springs.I would never do that!!! :down:

Rick

i cant read this now i dont have time, all you gotta do is jumpter the blue 2 pin plug in the pass kick, and then hit the key on!

i think its blue

i believe those cams require upgraded valvetrain , u are probably causing the springs to bind that is not good , it will not be able to control the valve at that lift. u will float a valve and possibly cause severe problems to not only the valves but possibly ur pistons and combustion chamber if ur valves float and get spanked by ur piston at tdc

oh and bye the way if u find out that u are in need of any b16 valvetrain i got u coverd from springs retainers to valves , give them to ya cheap!!!, let me know if u need anything

my CEL has been on for about a year and half now :kekegay:

i had crower 403s with stock valvetrain it was all good, is there some type of vtec controller on the car?
chipped ecu’s act weird when tryen to get codes off of them, i can burn you a new chip and disable some shit and can go from there

That sound good.Just hold them for me just in case.Ill let u know next week if i need them.Thanx for the help.I dont have any vtec controller also on tuesday im goin to get my ecu rechipped.Also this cams required high comp. pistons to get the max out the cams.

Use electrical tape to cover up light :fart: