ENGINE LIGHT

how do u shut off a engine light for a s14, i know for a civic u unplug the battery but i donno for a s14???

ah i have the same problem with mine , but its been on for almost 5 months i took it back to the place where i bought it and the mechanic hooked up a computer and apparently he fixed it but the light turned on again in a week and has been on since , i think i should shoudl get it checked again but no problems for now, my advice is to get it checked by someone with the right equipment

Yes, Like a Nissan Dealership

yea but nissan is goin to charge me

i dunno i bought my from “the collection” they sorta fixed it

alrite thanx buddy

I’ve typed this response several times…

next time use the search feature :slight_smile:

Anyway… here it goes:

1 pop open the passenger side kick panel…
2 locate the ECU - rectangular box under the kick panel
3 undo the 3 screws that hold the ECU
4 get a flat head screw driver
5 locate a hidden switch on the BACK end of the ecu
6 use the flat head screw driver to turn the switch all the way to the other end and back
7 REMEMBER NOT TO USE TOO MUCH FORCE WHEN TURNING

The collection fixed something?
WOW
they royally screw my wheel balance when i asked them to balance them.
i thought all they could do was install CAIs, and wheels and jack the pirce 5000

Hey guys,

I work at the collection now… so if you guys have any problems with 240s’ I can help you take a quick look…

Don’t ask me about prices and stuff cuz I don’t set them.

heh sweet an insider :smiley:

Don’t know if this trick works on Nissan’s but it does on almost all domestics if your check engine light is on.

Turn the key on/off 5 times, ending in the on position. The check engine light should flash now. Depending on how many times it flashes, that is the code.

For example, 25 would be: FLASH,FLASH…pause…FLASH,FLASH,FLASH,FLASH,FLASH

Hmmm I dunno… hehe… It might kill your fuel pump / fuel pump relay when you turn it on and off so quickly so many time…

heheh… but I could be wrong.

Don’t know, then please don’t post. the appropriate response has already been posted… turn the screw on the ECU.

Turning your ignition on and off will not work on your 240SX. any year.

okgthxbye