engine rebuilders

as topic states, i am looking for an engine rebuilder to install rods and pistons… i will supply all nesecary parts. i will deliver the motor as it will be out of the car. the motor is a 2000 Volkswagen 1.8t FWD. if you know any shops in the area that do good quality work please let me know and have time to squeeze me in. thanks

boxersix/Adam?

pete there is a motorshop across the street from my work
they do all our motor machining and stuff

clifton park engine rebuilders
383 3092

i called them today and they said call tomorrow and they can give you a price timeline exc exc

BRAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP pddddddddddddddddddddddddddd clack clack clack clack

KNOCK KNOCK

WHOS THERE

UR MOTOR

UR MOTOR WHO

UR MOTORS FUCKED

:nod :nod

sorry im really bored here at work :lol

All my stuff goes to them and Hunts where Adam works.

thanks for the help guys, i think i found my place :ninja

as always, any other reccomedations, lmk.

sorry to hear about the car pete :sad
good luck :giggedy

its ok lance, she’ll be running better then ever soon!!

:+1 :worship they do a awsome job done a few of my motors

u blew up my car???

and u better not just “drop in”, better have a reputable machine shop hone that bitch

What’s up Manny? Glad to see you made it over from EvoM :banana

rightttttt, no its getting built right :ninja if you wanna know some more, pm me.

u said u were using the stock pistons, which means stock bore on a motor that has how many miles? not a good idea.

What happened pete? there may be a topic about it, but didn’t come across it yet :ponder

im telling ya man, buy the common 1.9l piston upgrade, get it bored, because with that ATP manifold, youre gonna need the added displacement to make the power you want :banana

you only live once.

I think it’s pete’s car now :nod. Sucks when you break up…but clinging FTL!

i could do that, if i plan on keeping the car for a long time which i don’t intend too. i’m gonna get the motor rehoned, use the stock pistons, scat rods, new bearings, new exhaust valves and a new clutch and call it good. this will be more then enough for the power i want to make.

to the op, i spun a rod bearing.

You should 110% do a slight overbore to clean the cyl. walls if you’re dropping in new pistons. You won’t be able to remove any of whatever imperfections that may be present when using a stock size piston. Even if you go 5mm over you’ll be in a wayyyy better position.

5mm? you mean .5 i hope. you could never do an 86mm bore on a vw block… 81.5 yes… and my old 16v block i had, had over 150k on it, and had the oem hone cross hatching still visible with no ridge on the top of the cylinders… im sure the place building it will come up with the what it needs list.