enhanced inspection/ bs pa laws

ok so i own an open class rally car that has a rebuilt title, the car was rebuilt over 10 years ago. anyways, a new PA law(as of last year) is if a car comes from out of state with a branded title it needs to go through an “enhanced inspection” before it can be titled here. which nothing more then a bunch of bureaucratic bullshit. i can understand if the car is salvaged but it has already gone through the reconstruction process and this is just another way for the state to rob you. how much are they robbing me and everyone else having to go through this shit? try $159 just for the inspection.

anyways i went to one of the closest “enhanced inspection” shops that i could find and they said that i would also have to get a “modified” registration. which may or may not be true, not that it costs anymore money but seems like a pain in the ass.

finally to pass the inspection the car will need a normal hood latch(instead of the hood pins) and an exhaust can put on(currently running a 3" straight back with a cat on it… this is required in rallyamerica) and they want me to remove my rally america banner from my windshield.

one odd thing is that since they say it has to go over to a modified registration that they need pics of both my engine bay and exhaust and want a full disclosure of everything that has been done to the car. frankly this is not something im willing to do.

anyone with some experience or some advice please post here

Tell them to go fuck themselves.

I’m also going to have to get an enhanced inspection on a car I recently bought with an out of state ‘r’ title. Just like yours mine is completely roadworthy and the accident that caused it to be ‘rebuilt’ happened a long time ago. This is just another BS tax that the damn state is shoving down out throats.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which shops are the best to go for the enhanced inspections and won’t try to rip me off?

here’s a link to the law, hope you can find a loophole. Sounds like bull shit to me.
http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms/inspections/enhanced_si_guide.pdf

Man u fucking guys are baby’s! it a walk in the park! just do it!

good luck…If it comes down to it take a picture of another car’s engine bay…
let me know how u beat this…

if it was just a matter of paying the rediculous cost then i wouldnt have had to make this thread and itd be over with already, but im not going to do all this needless shit for the chance that it may pass when sent into the dmv

if it passes leaving the shop,it passes the dmv!

Yup, that sounds about right… you have no choice but to do it…