Erie county elections 2017

So I didn’t vote yet, I really don’t know who to vote for, it seems a lot of people who work for the state want to vote no for the constitional convention. Everyone’s afraid to lose their pensions… this thread is about the election as a whole and not just the con con.

Anyone know of any articles I should read to give me a better idea who I should vote for? Anyone want to have a discussion about this election?

I voted earlier.

The ballot in Erie County is really limited on choice. There are not many Republicans running against Democrats so you get what you get. That Mychajliw though :tup:

There are 3 propositions:

1. For a constitutional convention.
  2. For partially or fully cutting benefits for politicians who break the law in office.
  3. A land deal that effects the Adirondack area.

What do you guys think of the constitutional convention? My gut says if we have one it will only shift more power to unions and downstate but the majority I see pushing the “vote no on convention” are unions and downstate interests. I sat and debated that one for a while before voting yes, basically conceding that sometimes I just like to watch the world burn and the chaos of actually having a constitutional convention would be one hell of a bonfire. Besides, if they screw the state up more than it already is it might be the push to get me to finally move somewhere more red.

Im in the same boat on the con convention. I feel like if all the big name politicians of this state are against it (and I trust them less than mexican tap water) maybe I should be for it. We could only hope the creation of New Amsterdam is on ballot come 2019.

Dan

Whats the worst that comes from it? State implodes sooner?

Well I’m about to vote.

Fuck NYS.

I voted to dissolve the union as we know it and move all the poor people into the ocean.

Looks like the left backed another loser Bernie. Tolbert needs over 66% of the 12000 absentee ballots to close the 3850 lead Howard has. Not going to happen in a race that went 51/49 Howard at the polls.

Looks like no constitutional convention, yes to public pension forfeitures and the ADK + Catskills get their infrastructure updates.

^Somewhere in NYS…Andy C is crying softly to himself because he can’t play god with the constitution now.

I was shocked how close Bernie got. I guess I wasn’t paying that much attention to the race. It certainly wasn’t the south towns voting for him.

Bernie was director I believe of the FBI, and head of security for the NBA, I dunno it seems like he would have been qualified for the job I don’t understand the dislike

The guy was totally qualified, but there has always been an unspoken “treaty” if you will that Sheriff goes to Republicans, Mayor goes to Democrats in Erie County.

No dislike, I just pass about 100 Repeal the Safe Act signs every time I drive in the south towns. I associate them with Howard and figured he was a shoe-in. Sometimes I forget how liberal everything gets when you head north of 20A. I spend most of my life south of 20A. :slight_smile:

Seeing my leftist friends on Facebook who were so against Trump because of his pussy grab comment rally for Tolbert made me laugh considering this:

Hypocrisy… Hypocrisy everywhere!